Hilux Performance

Kermit

Good morning all.

I am new to this game, so please excuse any politically incorrect statements.

I have a 2003 Hilux Single Cab with the 2.7 litre fuel injected 4 cylinder engine, and for the most part it does everything I need it to do. I put a slide on camper on the back, approx weight 700kgs, and I also tow a boat, approx weight 900kgs. It does the job pretty well, feels it on the hills though.

I would like to know if I can get a little more power out of it without sacrificing fuel economy, just so it doesn't have to work quite so hard.

Extractors maybe? Turbo?

Also I get a shudder at about 90 kilometres per hour, it comes up through the seats, not in the steering wheel. I have had all the steering and suspension checked ane repaired at Pedders. New shockies all round, front wheel alignment etc. Wheels and tyres are stock standard.

Any comments, good or bad will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for listening.

Kermit.

Good morning all.

I am new to this game, so please excuse any politically incorrect statements.

I have a 2003 Hilux Single Cab with the 2.7 litre fuel injected 4 cylinder engine, and for the most part it does everything I need it to do. I put a slide on camper on the back, approx weight 700kgs, and I also tow a boat, approx weight 900kgs. It does the job pretty well, feels it on the hills though.

I would like to know if I can get a little more power out of it without sacrificing fuel economy, just so it doesn't have to work quite so hard.

Extractors maybe? Turbo?

Also I get a shudder at about 90 kilometres per hour, it comes up through the seats, not in the steering wheel. I have had all the steering and suspension checked ane repaired at Pedders. New shockies all round, front wheel alignment etc. Wheels and tyres are stock standard.

Any comments, good or bad will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for listening.

Kermit.

Hi Kermit extractors are a good start,and as for your vibration if it is felt through the seats it is a drive line issue.If the vibration is not there when you travel at 90km/h unladen,try just hooking up the boat and try that with no load in the tray,if the vibration is gone,well it points towards the angle of your tailshaft changing once you load the tray up.(could be worn uni joints or if you have a two piece tail shaft the centre bearing,all easily and cheap to replace.(what ever you do dont take the easy & cheap way out and buy cheap rubbish made in CHINA.Ionce had a HQ Holden with a manual gearbox and it had a distinct vibration at exactly 80km/h and it turnt out to be the clutch plate(centre spline )had worn and was allowing the plate to be off centre only by a fanny hair to speak,but it gave a vibration identical to the one you are experiencing, hope I was able to help, Cheers Conrod