Car Cleaning

CheekySportivo

Hi Guys,

I hadnt washed my stivo for about 3 weeks and just gave it a major clean and detail over the weekend yet I noticed that the bird droppings that I had on the bonnet are still visible with its outer traces noticable. :angry:

With my Stivo being black and all I know it does make it harder to clean but was wondering of anyone else has experienced this with their cars ?????

Is it just a case that the bonnet needs a polish or wax to remove these small stains? :unsure:

Cheers

Those stains are more likely to be there to stay my friend. You've left them on the paint for too long and the acids in the bird poo have actually started to eat into the top coat of paint causing the mark. You can try a polish and then a wax to hide most of the evidence but it still may be visible on certain angles.

Thanks for the info guys :)

Im hoping some of the good ole Meguiars wax or polish will remove the bird poo staines. Everytime I was my car I put a quick detailer wax on it so I dont think it has done permament damage to the paint because of the protective coating I have.

Cheers :D

Hi Guys,

I hadnt washed my stivo for about 3 weeks and just gave it a major clean and detail over the weekend yet I noticed that the bird droppings that I had on the bonnet are still visible with its outer traces noticable. 

With my Stivo being black and all I know it does make it harder to clean but was wondering of anyone else has experienced this with their cars ?????

Is it just a case that the bonnet needs a polish or wax to remove these small stains? 

Cheers

i drive the exact car as you and have learnt my lesson. is this a black thing? :P

• 2 months later...

hahahah yeah i know what you mean, i get that too sometimes. HOwever wen i bought my car, i paid for this paint protection stuff and enviro sheild or something. Quite expensive though. they were saying bird poo wont stain with that stuff on but you still needed to remove it off. But now that i wax my car (on top of the paint protection), i think it's the wax that's been damaged now. For me, i mainly just have to put on wax remover and then re wax, and usualy the eaten away bird poo stains are gone. but yeah, i admit, it's quite ugly, it's as if little rocks in oval shapes hit your car and dented it or something. ><

(my cars black too!!)