Does a kluger fit the profile

shb

Hi guys,

I have a budget of 30k which can be pushed to 36k.I want a powerful engine that is comfy to drive on long trips,easy overtaking and climbs hills easily.Can throw in 2 bikes in the back and easy to maintain. Does the kluger fit the bill and can I find something that hasnt done more than 25-30k on the odo? Im in sydney.Ta

I can throw my road bike or mountain bike in the back no problems, with the 2nd row seats folded flat. One bike only. Never thrown another on top. Doubt would fit and probably not a good idea. Suggest pacific bike rack for 2 or more bikes. I assume you're after fwd. I tow a camper trailer weighing 900kg and barely know its there, so power no problems. Drive it gently on throttle and fuel will be around 12l/100kms in city and sub 10 on the freeway. Aside from that car will fit your needs perfectly. 30-35k should get you a 2008 kxr 7 dearer with about 40,000kms.

Hi, for $36k you can try to get a new KX-r (5 seat, 2wd), old model MY10. Also demo would suit you. Dealers can very flexible on the old shaped Kluger. You get all rego costs included and get fixed price service $170 for 3 years.

Ta mate,can u post some links for the above.I couldnt find any! :huh: Ta again.

You can start with carsales.com.au to search for lowest price across Australia. Then go to your nearest dealership and get better price :-) You have all the right reason to get good price - old model, previous year built - they will be happy to get rid of it.

Alex

I think the Kluger will fit your bill. I fit mine and my sons bike in the back with the back seats down - might struggle with two full sized ones though..

Kluger is comfy and spacious and cruises along quite effortlessly. It is no sports car or off-road weapon but I reckon it is a great family car.

I think the Kluger will fit your bill. I fit mine and my sons bike in the back with the back seats down - might struggle with two full sized ones though..

Kluger is comfy and spacious and cruises along quite effortlessly. It is no sports car or off-road weapon but I reckon it is a great family car.

Ok will see how it goes,but how is it to maintain mate? Also how about parking? Do you find it difficult to park it in mall parking spaces? Its a v6; as long as it can overtake easily and climb hills effortlessly,works for me.

I can throw my road bike or mountain bike in the back no problems, with the 2nd row seats folded flat. One bike only. Never thrown another on top. Doubt would fit and probably not a good idea. Suggest pacific bike rack for 2 or more bikes. I assume you're after fwd. I tow a camper trailer weighing 900kg and barely know its there, so power no problems. Drive it gently on throttle and fuel will be around 12l/100kms in city and sub 10 on the freeway. Aside from that car will fit your needs perfectly. 30-35k should get you a 2008 kxr 7 dearer with about 40,000kms.

Theres a 2009 kluger kxr 5 with 20k on odo and dealers asking $37k.Is it worth it? I think he should reduce it to $35k,wonder if he will?

You can start with carsales.com.au to search for lowest price across Australia. Then go to your nearest dealership and get better price :-) You have all the right reason to get good price - old model, previous year built - they will be happy to get rid of it.

Alex

Theres a 2009 kluger kxr 5 with 20k on odo and dealers asking $37k.Is it worth it? I think he should reduce it to $35k,wonder if he will? With the price Im thinking of a driveaway price.Most prices shown on sites are recommended or guideline prices.

Use this website to check on car prices. http://www.redbook.com.au/

2 things you are missing in your post so we can't help you.

1. 5 or 7 seater?

2. FWD or AWD?

I'm going to assume AWD 5 seats. http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=452437&__Qpb=true&Cr=3&__Ns=p_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cp_ClassificationType_String%7c0%7c%7cp_Family_String%7c0%7c%7cp_Year_String%7c1%7c%7cp_SequenceNum_Int32%7c0&__N=2994%204294942755%204294842752%204294848214&silo=1300&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=10&__sid=12E11C46E8A0

So $35k isn't a bad deal

If you think parking a Kluger is hard wait till you try parking a Landcruiser in a shopping centre. At first you will struggle because of the size but after a while you will be use to it and it won't be any issue.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

As I already mentioned:

2010 TOYOTA KLUGER GSU40R KX-R 2WD $36,950 drive away on carsales.com.au

It a new car with warranty and all all-road costs. And it is just a starting point for bargaining :-)

I can do this part for a small fee :rolleyes:

Please do explain how you come in here? How much are your fees and is vehicle in Sydney?Couldnt make out.Ta

Use this website to check on car prices. http://www.redbook.com.au/

2 things you are missing in your post so we can't help you.

1. 5 or 7 seater?

2. FWD or AWD?

I'm going to assume AWD 5 seats. http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=452437&__Qpb=true&Cr=3&__Ns=p_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cp_ClassificationType_String%7c0%7c%7cp_Family_String%7c0%7c%7cp_Year_String%7c1%7c%7cp_SequenceNum_Int32%7c0&__N=2994%204294942755%204294842752%204294848214&silo=1300&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=10&__sid=12E11C46E8A0

So $35k isn't a bad deal

If you think parking a Kluger is hard wait till you try parking a Landcruiser in a shopping centre. At first you will struggle because of the size but after a while you will be use to it and it won't be any issue.

sorry dude,I meant 5seat,fwd.I wouldve loved an AWD but dont think it will come in the budget.It has been ages since I drove a landcruiser,yes it wont be a problem.I was just wondering for my missus.They find it hard to park big vehicles.Its just a mindset that big vehicles are hard to park.Fact is that,its harder to find a space everywhere to park them compared to smaller vehicles.Ta

sorry dude,I meant 5seat,fwd.I wouldve loved an AWD but dont think it will come in the budget.It has been ages since I drove a landcruiser,yes it wont be a problem.I was just wondering for my missus.They find it hard to park big vehicles.Its just a mindset that big vehicles are hard to park.Fact is that,its harder to find a space everywhere to park them compared to smaller vehicles.Ta

But bigger vehicles also have other opportunities for parking spaces at shopping centres such as concrete islands, etc, where a smaller vehicle would scrape its under body getting on to :lol:

With regard to the bike question, you can easily "throw" one bike in the back, but two might do some damage to the bikes. However, you should be able to "mount" three bikes in the back. This is based on a Honda Jazz being able to "mount" two bikes in the back with the front wheels removed. See http://www.bv.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19871&p=479122&hilit=jazz#p479122 for a photo of the Honda set up. Torpedo 7 sells the skewer mounts.