Corolla dash Mp3 player

Dear fellows hello,

I am a corolla owner in Europe and very sad that Australian buyers are lucky to have factory MP3 player on their Corollas.

What I wanted to know is your impressions on this system. Is it good? Does it work with folders? Does it display ID3 tags from Mp3? Do you happen to know the real manufacter of the system or a toyota part number?

Thank you

I have one in my rolla. The head unit is made by fujitsu and it will display track titles, album name and artist name. my biggest gripe about the head unit is the fact it has to check the MP3 disc every time power is interupted. ie turn car off by key.

my biggest gripe about the head unit is the fact it has to check the MP3 disc every time power is interupted.  ie turn car off by key.

This is only done so the deck can get a quick scan of what is on the cd and what the structure of the CD is if u jump around from file to file it has it cached.... A lot of CD driven MP3 players do this...... Once decks can take a USB dongle and play files off that .... then it will be impressive

my biggest gripe about the head unit is the fact it has to check the MP3 disc every time power is interupted.  ie turn car off by key.

Once decks can take a USB dongle and play files off that .... then it will be impressive

Well start getting impressed... Because they already exsist :)

got a question regarding the cd/mp3 player in the corolla..

when u play a music cd (not mp3) before you start up your car.. and then start it up... does the cd player freeze ? this has occurred a couple of times.. and im jus wondering if this is normal ...

cheers

got a question regarding the cd/mp3 player in the corolla..

when u play a music cd (not mp3) before you start up your car.. and then start it up... does the cd player freeze ? this has occurred a couple of times.. and im jus wondering if this is normal ...

cheers

it shouldn't!!! unless lens are dirty and unable to read, or disk is damaged

I ditched that headunit since i was use to better sound quality and control, but i gave the 6 disc changer to my girlfriends dad (he has the ascent) and he think its the best thing ever.

I have one in my rolla.  The head unit is made by fujitsu and it will display track titles, album name and artist name.  my biggest gripe about the head unit is the fact it has to check the MP3 disc every time power is interupted.  ie turn car off by key.

it seems a small problem for the disc checking.

Would it be possible for anyone to find a part number for this item?

I was wondering if it would be possible to get this cd player from there and install it in my europe corolla. After all it is a toyota part isnt it? The cd changer also plays Mp3 displaying tags and stuff?

I was obliged to install a sony Mp3 player with a third party adapter and I can see no tags not even cd-text drom normal cds.

I have one in my rolla.  The head unit is made by fujitsu and it will display track titles, album name and artist name.  my biggest gripe about the head unit is the fact it has to check the MP3 disc every time power is interupted.  ie turn car off by key.

it seems a small problem for the disc checking.

Would it be possible for anyone to find a part number for this item?

I was wondering if it would be possible to get this cd player from there and install it in my europe corolla. After all it is a toyota part isnt it? The cd changer also plays Mp3 displaying tags and stuff?

I was obliged to install a sony Mp3 player with a third party adapter and I can see no tags not even cd-text drom normal cds.

The sony was a cd-changer forgot to mention.I also dont want to install a third party dash because thieves are a constant danger. and the oem dash cannot be easily removed or sold in the black market.furthermor it works with the wheel controls and displays the km/l and average speed.

Once decks can take a USB dongle and play files off that .... then it will be impressive

Well start getting impressed... Because they already exsist :)

i knew they were gonna be coming out but if they r already here cool.... Ok here's the question .... Do u know the brand and model #'s of the ones on the market now ?

wat the hell?? the stock sportivo deck is actually a mp3 player aswell??? i didnt noe this :angry:

only in the facelift model i believe ..... any1 tried in the prefacelift model ?

wat the hell?? the stock sportivo deck is actually a mp3 player aswell??? i didnt noe this :angry:

only in the facelift model i believe ..... any1 tried in the prefacelift model ?

It all occurred in the facelift model ... from Ascent to Sportivo, they all do MP3 standard now.

I ditched that headunit since i was use to better sound quality and control, but i gave the 6 disc changer to my girlfriends dad (he has the ascent) and he think its the best thing ever.

Hello again,

is there anyone who changed or will change the factory MP3 for another system?

Did you keep the OEM somewhere? I am intrested to buy it from anyone that has it!