Wang's Corolla ZRE Sedan

wanga

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey they look good. I got the smoked LED rears. Half expected them not to fit. You never know what you get from o/seas ebay. :-0

yeah i always had the "u get for what u ay for" mentality but they all fitted in pretty well actually. i just double checked that i tightened the bolts securely and made sure they didn't wobble once fitted. i was going for the smoked one as well but figured i would like to keep it stock looking and less attention of the cops :P

just another thing did u have trouble taken the orginals off? because the main lights had 3 bolts and two trunk ones had 2 bolts but all four had this permanent white tab thingy which were a bitch to get off to the point i actually had to cut them off. luckily the new ones came with them and u just pushed them into and re-lock them in. :lol:

thats right the white tab things they were a bitch!! I broke the drivers side but saved the passenger end. ive had mine for almost a year now and still no issues, so quality seems to be holding also. I didnt think at the time but had to later order the bumper reflectors in smoke. As soon as i fitted the tail lights and stood back it looked so dickie. lol

Any future plans for the car? I like the grill change also.

hehe well atleast i'm not alone when i was swearing and being confused as to why they wouldn't come off so easily and how the hell i was to remove them. :lol: yeah i'm in the same boat for the reflectors, i've seen mods done to it but kinda gonna let it slide for now.

from here on out it's gonna be handling mods before the engine i guess, i've ordered a rear sway bar and hopefully front strut in future. all show no go for now haha :P

i regret getting the hatch :ph34r: nice work!

hehe thanks dude but i still at times wanted a hatch because of the crazy jdm mods out there for it :D

Reminds me a bit of the newer WRX hatch tails but looks awesome! :)

yeah i can see the similarities aye, too bad under the hood they're totally different lol

what crazy jdm mods for the hatch? theres way more for the sedan <_<

*points to all the levin zr owners on here* :lol:

i guess it's more of the variation of outer body parts (front bar, lip, rear spoiler) u can get from actual makers (trd, tte, c-one) that fit in straight away with no hassle. with the grill i installed, while it did suit the sedan i had to "ghetto" mod the thing because the half of the holes and tabs weren't the same as the original grill. :blink:

hey they look good. I got the smoked LED rears. Half expected them not to fit. You never know what you get from o/seas ebay. :-0

yeah i always had the "u get for what u ay for" mentality but they all fitted in pretty well actually. i just double checked that i tightened the bolts securely and made sure they didn't wobble once fitted. i was going for the smoked one as well but figured i would like to keep it stock looking and less attention of the cops :P

just another thing did u have trouble taken the orginals off? because the main lights had 3 bolts and two trunk ones had 2 bolts but all four had this permanent white tab thingy which were a bitch to get off to the point i actually had to cut them off. luckily the new ones came with them and u just pushed them into and re-lock them in. :lol:

thats right the white tab things they were a bitch!! I broke the drivers side but saved the passenger end. ive had mine for almost a year now and still no issues, so quality seems to be holding also. I didnt think at the time but had to later order the bumper reflectors in smoke. As soon as i fitted the tail lights and stood back it looked so dickie. lol

Any future plans for the car? I like the grill change also.

hehe well atleast i'm not alone when i was swearing and being confused as to why they wouldn't come off so easily and how the hell i was to remove them. :lol: yeah i'm in the same boat for the reflectors, i've seen mods done to it but kinda gonna let it slide for now.

from here on out it's gonna be handling mods before the engine i guess, i've ordered a rear sway bar and hopefully front strut in future. all show no go for now haha :P

Where are you getting the sway bar from? I have not found any that suited the sedan? very keen to fit the same suspension supports it sways a bit in the rear even with the lowering springs adn fat **** 18's

Where are you getting the sway bar from? I have not found any that suited the sedan? very keen to fit the same suspension supports it sways a bit in the rear even with the lowering springs adn fat **** 18's

i ordered a cusco rear sway bar (942 311 B16) as the same as the hatch owners on here, one of the sedan owners here JE-55-EA fitted them to his sedan so going by his part number i eventually got one from greenline motorsports online.

yeah i hope this is a good "next stage" in handling, since putting lower springs, new wheels and bigger better tyres u notice straight away your car can take corners better and lean in at a higher speed. your right about the rear swinging a little bit so i'm hoping this will make the difference from the first list of handling mods.

what crazy jdm mods for the hatch? theres way more for the sedan <_<

:P want to make a bet? ;)

i rest my case hehe :D

i ordered a cusco rear sway bar (942 311 B16) as the same as the hatch owners on here, one of the sedan owners here JE-55-EA fitted them to his sedan so going by his part number i eventually got one from greenline motorsports online.

yeah i hope this is a good "next stage" in handling, since putting lower springs, new wheels and bigger better tyres u notice straight away your car can take corners better and lean in at a higher speed. your right about the rear swinging a little bit so i'm hoping this will make the difference from the first list of handling mods.

Keep us all posted, ill suss out the sway bar for myself. Im ordering the strut brace next week. I also hope to have the car running again this weekend after blowing up my engine a while back. I managed to punch a hole on both sides of the block. At least i now have a spare engine worth of sensors etc :-)

Keep us all posted, ill suss out the sway bar for myself. Im ordering the strut brace next week. I also hope to have the car running again this weekend after blowing up my engine a while back. I managed to punch a hole on both sides of the block. At least i now have a spare engine worth of sensors etc :-)

yeah definitely post up results in fitting it and so on. sorry to hear your car being out of action, hopefully you'll be getting it back on the road in the future.

Plytme, that cusco rear sway fits both hatch and sedan; they share the same chassis. :) This rear sway apparently also fits onto the Rukus and Prius.

The rear sway would help with handling and makes the car feel more flat around corners.

Check the ZRE FAQ (in Corolla section), has all the links to parts and previous threads. :)

Peter.

Plytme, that cusco rear sway fits both hatch and sedan; they share the same chassis. :) This rear sway apparently also fits onto the Rukus and Prius.

The rear sway would help with handling and makes the car feel more flat around corners.

Check the ZRE FAQ (in Corolla section), has all the links to parts and previous threads. :)

Peter.

sweet thanks for the directioning

• 2 weeks later...

img0743t.jpg

bought the cusco rear sway from greenline and got it installed about a week ago. since putting it on and driving around in mixed styles i can happily say that it's an awesome handling mod :yahoo: and a must have if people want their car to handle better.

3077866120full.jpg

was considering getting a pair of usdm corolla head lights like the pic here...lemme know what u think people :whistling:

cheers

was considering getting a pair of usdm corolla head lights like the pic here...lemme know what u think people :whistling:

cheers

even though they fit they are left hand drive meaning the beam points out the other way, not sure how to get around that

cheers

even though they fit they are left hand drive meaning the beam points out the other way, not sure how to get around that

ah well there goes that plan :lol: i wonder if they can be altered to point to the right, because they're so cheap i was thinking buying them and playing around doing some trial and error

cheers

Obviously drive on the right hand side of the road? :P

lol thanks vinh i'm definitely gonna get them now :P

oh well time for engine mods! *searches for injen intake* :help:

my injen could be up for sales soon ! Will decide after the meet

no worries, keep us posted!

i always had a thought about them but price is a deal breaker, not much cheaper on ebay us either. still want the other ones though...