AE101R (95CSX) Sedan headlights / tail lights / exhaust transferable to hatch version

Hey Guys,

Pick up my 95 CSX AE101R in the next couple of days (hopefully today) and was doing a quick search of parts on eBay... have found that most of the parts listed are for sedan only, so just wondering if there is a difference between the head lights and tail lights in this model and that is why its not listed, or if i just have to search harder... any ideas ppl? (same with exhausts etc... )

Cheers

Hey Guys,

Pick up my 95 CSX AE101R in the next couple of days (hopefully today) and was doing a quick search of parts on eBay... have found that most of the parts listed are for sedan only, so just wondering if there is a difference between the head lights and tail lights in this model and that is why its not listed, or if i just have to search harder... any ideas ppl? (same with exhausts etc... )

Cheers

Welcome to the dark side Stu. Toyodiy.com is a very useful site which can help you alot regarding part numbers. I use this often to check what makes x model different from y (the Gen5 Camry is an orphan in the worldwide Camry stable).

Using Toyodiy (http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_G_1995_TOYOTA_COROLLA_AE101R-AHMDK_1702.html), all RHD Corollas Hatchback and Sedan use the same :

- Pipe Assy, exhaust, front (17410-16830) with the exceptions of AE101R-AEMNK + AE101R-AEPNK which also may use (17410-1A030)

- Pipe Assy, exhaust, center (17420-11230) with the exceptions of AE101R-AEMNK + AE101R-AEPNK which also may use (17420-16590)

The hatchback muffler is similar to the sedan ones but share different part numbers (hangers are different). So going by ToyoDIY, you could buy the collectors + catback (excluding muffler) from most sedans. Going by the part descriptions I would say that Part numbers: 1740-1A030 and 17420-16590 are used together in a system with a catalytic converter.

You can do the same for the headlamps, tailights etc.

Headlights will be the same between hatch and sedan, tail-lights are completely different (and make sure you get the right tail-lights too, as they changed design for the facelift - they may physically fit, but they mightn't match the centre garnish if it is present).

thanks for the advice guys :)

was pretty sure that was the case with the exhaust Andrew... bit of a bummer about the tail lights... there's some nice ones in the states that would look mint... lol, and also a shame because the same place is doing headlights but because they're in the states they'd most likely be for LH Drive cars meaning that they're not ADR approved due to the angle of the main beam and passenger beam being the wrong way around for Australia... *sad face*

oh well, if anyone knows of anyone locally that supplies that kinda stuff gimme a heads up...

Cheers