Blue slip question

stevo1210

I bought a 1997 Honda Civic GLi about 3 months ago which was unregistered... and kinda damaged panel wise. There's dents here and there which I'm rectifying with some bondo and paint right now... and obviously springing some small oil leaks here and there (257,000KM car... it's expected).

Anyway, I want to get a blue slip for it and register it for the road but there's just one slight issue... there's a dent in the A-pillar on the drivers side. The dent is only cosmetic... it's 15cm long and about 1cm deep... so only the skin portion of the pillar is damaged, the structure itself is still straight as the glass is not cracked and that I can open and close the drivers door normally.

I can't get my hands on any information about panel damage, but I'm wondering if it's passable or not? I really don't want to spend $1000 fixing that dent for a car that my brother is going to use to get to school and back.

I just got a blueslip for my van, and my van i have kicked when ive gotten angry at times, its fairly old a 97 model im going to scrap it when it runs out of registation, So i take it to bike tracks and everything the thing has more dents, then you can imagine, And i pass blueslip everytime for the last 5 years, jsut make sure all your lights are working parkets blinkers reverse, brakes are very good windshield wipers have good rubber on them handbrake works, try to cover up the oil leak in the enginee if its bad and very noticeble and you should pass.