Camry Front ends?

Defyant

I Really like the look of the new Camry sportivo front ends! I recon it's one of the best car front styles gettin around atm.

Does anyone know enuf to know if the sub frames are the same on the cam and aurions? I'm thinking it would be, and that clips and brackets and maybe some minor bracing would be the diff.

If thats the case and i was lucky enuf to find a front end at a wreckers it's something i would seriously think of trying.

I'd say leave it as it is :)

post-17377-0-07460400-1299939391_thumb.j

Thats the prob, when i look at those 2 pix it's the left one i look and like more.

The Yanks got it right :)

Cheers for the link Steven, was a great read and goes to show the grass is always greener on the other side :P

I'm sure i wont be paying the 15k he will be paying if he goes thru with it. We kinda have the best of both worlds here.

Could you imagine a streight shipping swap of parts :P

But the thought of owning a camry with a V6 donk does seem cool.

Edited by Defyant

mmm i now we all at the end of the day consider the Aurion as just a glorified V6 Camry but it actually has many unique parts all to self an many of these parts are from the A pillar forward to carter for its power train and to increase stability. the bumper, reo's tie rails, rad supports fenders and bonnet are unique to Aurion as if the front of the chassis, it's rails are different and spaced further apart as Aurion has a wider track and obviously a much larger engine, for example you simple couldn’t bolt a 2GR-FE into a Camry there is a number of key difference to the cars underpinnings to carter for their different engines so I’m summary whilst yes technically it would be possible to graphed a Camry front onto Aurion and vice versa it wouldn’t be easy or a sensible economic choice to do so but sure if your keen to give it crack good luck with it :)

Cheers Adamsy, this is what i'm trying to work out exactly and your prolly right with the differences, was kinda hoping it might just be the old holden HX-HZ thing.

It's actually good to know that Toyota has purpose built each car.

To me the new Cam stivo is still the sexiest lookin affordable 4 door on the road atm :D

Cheers Adamsy, this is what i'm trying to work out exactly and your prolly right with the differences, was kinda hoping it might just be the old holden HX-HZ thing.

It's actually good to know that Toyota has purpose built each car.

To me the new Cam stivo is still the sexiest lookin affordable 4 door on the road atm :D

Yeah sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that one, like i said it would be technically possible but would not be as straight forward as buying the bumper and bolting it on as most of the front is unique to Aurion. And let’s be honest do we need to give people any more excuses to call Aurion a Camry haha? But your right Camry Sportivo is a good looking bus. Just wish Toyota would put 18X8 as standard on its Sportivo’s though!