Aurion VVT-I light wiring??

So... I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted to wire some leds behind the speedos so that when you floor it, the whole dash turns red or something? There must be a sensor that detects the revs/throttle position? Where to find this and how to wire it.. hmm

So if someone has done this or attempted it, please tell me your thoughts/problems with this mod :)

Thanks

I'll reserve my thoughts on the purpose of doing this because you all know what I'm thinking but I'll provide advice anyways.

There are two ways you could approach this:

1) Wire up a circuit in parallel with the accelerator so that when you are WOT, it triggers the circuit and illuminates LED's that you mount in the dash cluster.

2) Wire up a circuit that reads the tacho input to the dash cluster so that when the required RPM value is reached, it will trigger LED's you have mounted in the cluster.

I'm not going to go in detail on how to make such a circuit, but it wouldn't be hard to find details on how to make something. Hint, if going option 1, the "2GR-FE_Engine_Control_System.pdf" service manual will help you in designing a circuit. Just remember that this circuit has to be isolated from the Accelerator control circuit otherwise it could potentially lead to false accelerator inputs.

haha yeah saw some people actually do a vtec mod similar to this. I thought it would be pretty cool to have the lights come on when you need the power of the v6 to overtake or make a yellow traffic light etc. xD

I think ill try wire something with the accelerator... sounds easier than trying to tap some vvti/rpm signal..

... sounds easier than trying to tap some vvti/rpm signal..

You better learn now before you start thinking of other ideas:

vvti - when does yours kick in

AutoSpeed - Variable Valve Timing

I thought it would be pretty cool to have the lights come on when you need the power of the v6 to overtake or make a yellow traffic light etc. xD

Yeah... I think it would be pretty cool if I had shoes that glow bright red when I'm doing sprints during my interval training <_<