Transmission Rebuild

Rulke

Well after 8 months of transmission problems, Toyota has agreed to send my transmission away to get rebuilt. Just wondering how many other guys have had theirs replaced, rebuilt? Bad news is I wont have a car for around three weeks.

Well after 8 months of transmission problems, Toyota has agreed to send my transmission away to get rebuilt. Just wondering how many other guys have had theirs replaced, rebuilt? Bad news is I wont have a car for around three weeks.

Well as far as this forum is concerned you would be the first i believe to have there’s rebuilt, other than that there has only been one replaced under warranty other than that nobody has really had any issues with the U660E Transmission, nothing that either having the Series two ECU or fluid top up hasn’t fixed anyway. I'll assume you’re dealing through CO-OP?

Yeah, Co-op, they have been really good. Mine already had the updated ecu and the top up fixed the 2-3 flaring issue. But have always had very clunky shifts and the reason for rebuilding has been major slipping when cold. So I am glad to be having it fixed with 3 months warranty left.

Toyota decided they would like to fix instead of replacing which is fine by me, it has to be shipped to Lane Toyota which has a backlog of work at the moment.

Well as far as this forum is concerned you would be the first i believe to have there's rebuilt, other than that there has only been one replaced under warranty other than that nobody has really had any issues with the U660E Transmission, nothing that either having the Series two ECU or fluid top up hasn't fixed anyway. I'll assume you're dealing through CO-OP?

Do you mean only one in Australia, or in Tasmania?

Well as far as this forum is concerned you would be the first i believe to have there's rebuilt, other than that there has only been one replaced under warranty other than that nobody has really had any issues with the U660E Transmission, nothing that either having the Series two ECU or fluid top up hasn't fixed anyway. I'll assume you're dealing through CO-OP?

Do you mean only one in Australia, or in Tasmania?

I might be number 2 in tassie

Lets hope not.... $$$$

what price did co-op quote you for the rebuild? They quoted 7grand for mine or 10 grand for a new one. I took the second option because I cant afford too much time off.

Mines warranty so no cost to me, 10000k sounds expensive, adamsy last time i checked i think they were listed around 6k, can you confirm? (Ahhh, didnt read about the torque converter as well.)

I think mine was a dud from the factory. Only had 20000km when i got the car, has 45000km now.

Scoota when i was working in darwin I quoted a transmission for a taxi driver with an aurion, i think he had 250000km. He reckons the camrys last much longer as a taxi. 90% of the cabs are camrys up there.

Edited by Rulke

Mines warranty so no cost to me, 10000k sounds expensive, adamsy last time i checked i think they were listed around 6k, can you confirm? (Ahhh, didnt read about the torque converter as well.)

I think mine was a dud from the factory. Only had 20000km when i got the car, has 45000km now.

Scoota when i was working in darwin I quoted a transmission for a taxi driver with an aurion, i think he had 250000km. He reckons the camrys last much longer as a taxi. 90% of the cabs are camrys up there.

Yes tourque converter and labour too. Gee with only that many K's i guess it was a dud. Thats interesting about the bloke in darwin. Maybe we are finding out the service life of the transmission. At 10g a pop its a bit scarey.

You boys down south are rough as guts lol! :P who's going to be the third one down here? Paradigm??

Don't even think it!

that wasn't nice of your northern neighbour eh?

You boys down south are rough as guts lol! :P who's going to be the third one down here? Paradigm??

Don't even think it!

that wasn't nice of your northern neighbour eh?

haha haha what c'mon im a nice fella, just ask your your sister? Foster no not yours ahahahahah

Yes tourque converter and labour too. Gee with only that many K's i guess it was a dud. Thats interesting about the bloke in darwin. Maybe we are finding out the service life of the transmission. At 10g a pop its a bit scarey.

Nah i wouldn’t be convinced 200k is the normal service life, we have an At-X that gets serviced at work which had 380k on it, i remember this well because when i read the R/O i went a found the car and had a good look at the car just to see how the cars were holding up with high kays on them. Encouraging other than the wear marks on the seat covers it seemed pretty damm good