Rear interior hatch light

Hey guys I'm having a problem with the interior light at the rear of my 2005 Corlla hatchback.

Not the one in the middle but the light that is meant to come on when the rear boot is opened.

It is meant to show on the front driver display that the hatch is open however in my case it doesnt do

that when its opened. The light that is meant to come on when the boot is opened doesnt turn on also.

When I initially bought the car it wasnt working, however recently it started showing when the rear boot was open and the

light came on whenever it was open just recently. But now again it has stopped working. It sort of comes and goes. The bulb is not

burned out & I dunno if its a fuse issue because it does work randomly. Is there anything you guys can suggest I try or do?

Thanks heaps :)

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

My 2005 corolla hatch has the exactly same problem like you.

The trunk light is not always working, very sentimental.

Anyone has any ideas?

Hey guys I'm having a problem with the interior light at the rear of my 2005 Corlla hatchback.

Not the one in the middle but the light that is meant to come on when the rear boot is opened.

It is meant to show on the front driver display that the hatch is open however in my case it doesnt do

that when its opened. The light that is meant to come on when the boot is opened doesnt turn on also.

When I initially bought the car it wasnt working, however recently it started showing when the rear boot was open and the

light came on whenever it was open just recently. But now again it has stopped working. It sort of comes and goes. The bulb is not

burned out & I dunno if its a fuse issue because it does work randomly. Is there anything you guys can suggest I try or do?

Thanks heaps :)

:lol: