cant add in a RAM pod

what normally happens to the air flow meter in the way?

there any way around it?

You need the AFM, thats why the CAI or SRI kits come with an inbuilt slot for it. Or you can get a 3 inch pipe cutom made that will accomodate the AFM but it will costs as much as a SRI or CAI.

To get a short pipe done it would cost just as much and almost certainly have less of an effect that the proper CAI. I mean... either the pod stuck in a hot engine bay... or the pod stuck at the front of the car with cold air rushing directly to it, makes sence to me.

Or you can get a 3 inch pipe cutom made that will accomodate the AFM but it will costs as much as a SRI or CAI.

3" is not the right size, and don't bother custom the intake.... i've done it and it doesn't work....

3" Stainless pipe with Advance Perfromance Coating (that ceramic thing...)

and it stuffs the AFM....

2.75" at the most... go measure up the TRD/AEM pipes...

post-61-1122954833_thumb.jpg

Well, if you have to see it DIY intake, then I show you mine.

Hey Danz,

Is that DIY intake still in your car? How does it work out?

Ok, I'm going to ask some newbie questions but the sound that you all describe and associate with CAIs. Will I get that sound with a short ram intake? And Will I get that sound if i do a DIY like yours?

and if you could post up how you did yours that would be great. (it looks like u just cut a hole in your stock tubing and stuck it into the pod neck.)

Hey all,

I'm about o embark on a DIY short ram (not unlike Danz's one above)

what do we think of Simota Pod filters (they're like $25 bucks!) and how much would a KN cost me?