Scratch under front bumper

Gonaget

I have a Yaris Sedan 2010 "white" and due to a very steep dip in a drive way I have a Scratch just under the front bumper-- :angry: it can't be seen but I know it is there and I was wondering how and if I can fix this myself. Would I use a wet and dry sand paper? and then the paint they gave me when I bought it. Thanks for ANY advise.

It depends how large & how deep is your scratch?

If it is small area & light scratch, I will use the wet & dry sand paper to sand it and then give it a good polishing.

If it is large area & deep scratch, I will sand it with the wet & dry sand paper & then spray it with a spray paint that you can buy from Autobarn. Just tell them what is your colour code, they will mix the exact colour for you in a spray can.

I have a Yaris Sedan 2010 "white" and due to a very steep dip in a drive way I have a Scratch just under the front bumper-- :angry: it can't be seen but I know it is there and I was wondering how and if I can fix this myself. Would I use a wet and dry sand paper? and then the paint they gave me when I bought it. Thanks for ANY advise.

It depends how large & how deep is your scratch?

If it is small area & light scratch, I will use the wet & dry sand paper to sand it and then give it a good polishing.

If it is large area & deep scratch, I will sand it with the wet & dry sand paper & then spray it with a spray paint that you can buy from Autobarn. Just tell them what is your colour code, they will mix the exact colour for you in a spray can.

Thanks for that Converter, it is rather deep as I can feel it and I gather it is plastic? So if it is it won't rust but as I like to keep things in good order I would like to get it done.

Seriously don't bother trying to fix scratches under the front bumper. Sooner or later you will scratch it again. I can barely see my scratches under the front bumper and i know there's plenty of it.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

Seriously don't bother trying to fix scratches under the front bumper. Sooner or later you will scratch it again. I can barely see my scratches under the front bumper and i know there's plenty of it.

__

They are very low at the front aren't they, the back has a bit of clearance but the front very low

Agreed. You're probably going to get alot more scratches under the front bumper, and if you can't see them then I wouldn't bother. Plus, if the plastic has been "gouged" then I imagine you're going to have to use some sort of filler to get a nice, smooth finish again.