Anyone ever had an alloy wheel repaired ?

Now that I have our vehicle back from the repairer after it's encounter with a Sydney rubbish truck, I have the damaged wheel which was replaced sitting in the garage. Might be nice to have another spare.

The damage is only light, more or less "gutter rash" type damage.

Can this be repaired ?

Try this guy.

http://www.touchupguys.com.au/additional_services.php

I have mine alloy wheels repaired by them.

They done a good job and my alloy wheels look like new now.

Now that I have our vehicle back from the repairer after it's encounter with a Sydney rubbish truck, I have the damaged wheel which was replaced sitting in the garage. Might be nice to have another spare.

The damage is only light, more or less "gutter rash" type damage.

Can this be repaired ?

Good to hear all is o.k. Give this mob a ring and see how you go.I think they are located in Cardiff(Newcastle)

ALL WHEEL REPAIR

Full Machine Shop

PROMAC 4956 8466

Hope that helps you out, CONROD

I'm curious to know what the RTA's stance is in regards to repairing alloys, specially cracked ones.......

Do you need to have them inspected, or do you need some sort of certification for the repairs?

Hmm.... I'd hate the thought of a repaired alloy rim exploding to bits at speed on a freeway.... It could cause a minor case of DEATH, which will probably suck a little bit and put a downer on your day.

Edited by Beep Beep

I wouldn't even contemplate having a cracked alloy repaired, I'm sure it can be done, but without having them x-ray'd afterwards you would never feel sure of the end result.

Mine simply have deep scratching around the outer lip with minor scratched on the "face".

After being quoted $250 to have the one alloy repaired, it's not worth my while doing anything with it.

Might use it as a hose reel out in the garden !