Please help with nioses

ok well basicly i know about the niosy gear selector cable and the exhaust plate tapping on the exhaust pipe and that could quite possibly be what the nioses are but i better check anyways

well when im giving it a boot full around 5000 it starts to make a whistle niose and/or a rattling but its so fast and constant it just sounds like a whistle im thinking its probably just the heat plate cus i here nioses all the time butit just so much louder (obviously) when im flooring it so can anoyone help me out

also im quite certain apart from the rattling my car actually does whistle is that normal ???

sounds like a turbo winding up just before i hit lift and during lift

help would be much appreciated guys

cheers

I have had my 05 tivo for a while now, upon decelerating after downshifting the car makes a grinding noise, it goes away one i step on the clutch. The car seems fine so i dont think its a major problem just living with it.

yeah the whistling kinda sounds cool if you had somone who didnt know what they was talking about you could tell the its turbod lol hence the wind up niose and the turbo effect of the lift

but even though it sounds cool it might not be i guess i will just give toyota a call tomoz then i suppose

gotta get off my lazy but first lol

well in that case i suppse i better ring them then get them to fix the rattling selector cable and the exhaust heat sheild from tapping and the whistling niose

that will pee them off they hate it when you come upto them with a list rather then just 1 problem at a time hehe

oh well thats whats warrenty is for i dont feel bad one little bit cus its taking out my time too

well if they dont want to fix it then further action is exactly what ill be doing too i know it takes up time and sometimes money but its about the principal we payed for the damn car and some people pay for warrenty ( i didnt )

warrenty is meant for these thigns so ill get up them ive done it before to another dealer ill do it ot to these guys too

lol :P

yeah i know this topic has been discussed before but my main worry is the winding noise the turbo like noise that i havent read about yet so i just thought i would post the other too problems while i was at it

yeah i know this topic has been discussed before but my main worry is the winding noise the turbo like noise that i havent read about yet so i just thought i would post the other too problems while i was at it

hmmm, Justin i think i have to listen for myself to know what that is.. have you checked your intake for leaks?

hmmm, Justin i think i have to listen for myself to know what that is.. have you checked your intake for leaks?

yeah its confusing sounds cool but i dont know if its something i should be showinf off lol might be something serious for all i know but it only does it sometimes we will see on sat i might be able to show you then

also i just got back from toyota and neither of the 3 nioses would happen so they sorta told me sorry come back when it does happen so we can then identify it

i explained the problems and he told me he knows of them but wont fix them unless it actually does it for him to give the ok to fix it

My sportivo is about 2 months old and I also have a sort of whirring / grinding noise every so often. Doesn't appear to be getting any worse but it just doesn't sound so good (just not as smooth as you would like it). When I took it in for the 1,000 km service they said they couldn't here anything.

There doesn't appear to be any pattern to it either.

If it gets any worse I'll take it in ...