Where to place HID Ballast?

Hey all, I don't exactly wanna do this part as trial & error, but where should I put the ballast's for the HID, for the Low Beams, & Fog Lights?

In the engine bay for the Low Beams, I'm seriously struggling to even drill anywhere to put hole's, since it;s quite cramped...

Anyone know a good place?

Please note, I haven't done the fog light's nor installed them, but I'm just assuming the ballast will be an issue too...

Stupid idea to use HIDs for foglights unless they are 3000k but even then you will blind EVERY single person driving in front of you. Just put the ballast somewhere in the engine bay and as long as it doesn't get in contact with water there should be no problem.

I used cable ties to tie up my ballast. No drilling at all.

I used cable ties to tie up my ballast. No drilling at all.

Humm, if you don't mind, could you maybe take a pic for me?

Because I donnu where to put them :(

So on top of the bar that's above the radiator? Wouldn't the bonnet crush it? Humm... Also how so I get my parker light bulb out? Because when installing mew parker lights the bulb came lose, and fell into the glass area...

I'm so noob at these things.

Ahhh your one of us that lost the globe in the headlight huh?? :yahoo::lol::clap:

Done that a few times myself.. :help:

OEM ballasts for low beam are placed under the headlight its self, there is a flat panel there for the ballasts. Its easy enough to remove the headlights. You will need to remove the headlight to get out your parker anyways, have a pair of needle nosed pliars at the ready, remove the headlight, disconnect the wiring and shake that baby around till the parker globe is near the hole, gently try to wiggle it out of tilt it so it falls out the hole...

Im not one that says "NO" to HID's in the fogs in the right situation.... The ZRE series point down at the ground (like 90% of fog lights, as they should), only illuminating around 5 odd meters in front of the car, for the cost of the kit try it out first anyways... there are a few melb guys running HID fogs with no problems. 3,000k would be a nice choice.

Ahhh your one of us that lost the globe in the headlight huh?? :yahoo::lol::clap:

Done that a few times myself.. :help:

OEM ballasts for low beam are placed under the headlight its self, there is a flat panel there for the ballasts. Its easy enough to remove the headlights. You will need to remove the headlight to get out your parker anyways, have a pair of needle nosed pliars at the ready, remove the headlight, disconnect the wiring and shake that baby around till the parker globe is near the hole, gently try to wiggle it out of tilt it so it falls out the hole...

Im not one that says "NO" to HID's in the fogs in the right situation.... The ZRE series point down at the ground (like 90% of fog lights, as they should), only illuminating around 5 odd meters in front of the car, for the cost of the kit try it out first anyways... there are a few melb guys running HID fogs with no problems. 3,000k would be a nice choice.

wait, so I have to take out the entire headlight? How do I do that?... HID are starting to get harder than I thought...

Have you actually looked at the headlight yet?? there are only a few bolts holding them in. You dont have to remove them if you dont want to put the ballasts in the OEM place provided. You dont have to remove them if you dont want to shake out your parker either.

Your probably going to have to take off your front bumber anyways to install the HID kit on the fogs i assume..

Just double use the double sided tape to tape the ballasts on any flat surface that the reach of the kit wiring will allow, and cable tie for good measure if possible. If its not a waterproof kit, be sure to silicone up the holes where the wiring come in and out of the ballast.

Might pay to drop into your local Auto lec and see what they will charge.