Clunk noise when accelerating from a standstill

When I accelerate from a standstill, like for example a red light, sometimes there is a clunk noise that happens from the rear. I opened the boot to check nothing is loose and the spare is tightly screwed in and everything is okay.

Could it be the petrol in the petrol tank slushing back when I accelerate? It is a pretty audible noise once you concentrate on it.

When I accelerate from a standstill, like for example a red light, sometimes there is a clunk noise that happens from the rear. I opened the boot to check nothing is loose and the spare is tightly screwed in and everything is okay.

Could it be the petrol in the petrol tank slushing back when I accelerate? It is a pretty audible noise once you concentrate on it.

Could potentially be your parking brake.. I had a similar issue and the dealer just tightened the parking brake and it went away.

Hi

I have Toyota Aurion Presara 2007 model, when i bought my car privately i had same problem. Let me explain you how this noise is: when you start car in the morning & accelerate to let say 7-10km hr speed you can hear a clunk noise its actually from front not back. Toyota explained me its Self ABS check system in this car, so car does ABS check make sure its working & after that car drives normal.

Hope that will help otherwise take the car to nearest Toyota Dealer.

I have Toyota Aurion Presara 2007 model, when i bought my car privately i had same problem. Let me explain you how this noise is: when you start car in the morning & accelerate to let say 7-10km hr speed you can hear a clunk noise its actually from front not back. Toyota explained me its Self ABS check system in this car, so car does ABS check make sure its working & after that car drives normal.

Hope that will help otherwise take the car to nearest Toyota Dealer.

I'm pretty sure Silver-Aurion is well aware of the ABS check (given his post here), but thanks for giving it a shot.

Silver, I would check your RSB bushes and mounts as well. Another thing to look at is your rear seat backrest to make sure it is secure. Aother thing to look at is your tire iron. All of these things have produced a knocking on acceleration on my last Aurion.

I find when my tank is near full i get a clunk when taking off. I thought it was something more sinister till i worked out it was the fuel. It is more noticeable when on a slight incline as well.

Thanks for the replies. I really really hope that it's only the petrol slushing around and nothing serious as said here. Will keep listening to it and if the noise does not happen on a low petrol tank at least I'll know it's the petrol. If it still does it well I'll be annoyed because chances are if I don't take off my aftermarket rear sway bar before I take it to Toyota they'll use that as an excuse to not to cover me under warranty.

bahh.

Yeah I got that too this morning when taking off from a t-intersection.

Petrol was about 25% full.

Was the acceleration smooth for you?

I am not sure but I think it wasn't for me.