Keyless Entry + Push Button Engine Start in 2011 Corolla Ascent?

Hey guys,

I was thinking of getting RKE kit with push-button engine start installed in my 2011 Ascent (wish it came standard like the Levin ZR!), and found this system by Advanced Keys: http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK103B.html

Anyone heard anything about this kit? I love the button too - looks very OEM Toyota/Lexus to me and its not a bad price for the kit itself.

Only thing is I probably wouldn't be able to install it myself (no mechanical/electronic knowledge) so I wonder how much it would cost to get someone to install it for me professionally.

These kits do have a disadvantage in that you need to bypass your steering wheel lock. This typically involves cutting a key and inserting it into the ignition either with or without cutting it shorter.

Even though the key itself won't disable the immobiliser, it just means that it's a security feature removed from the car. I dunno, just saying because anything is possible.

These kits do have a disadvantage in that you need to bypass your steering wheel lock. This typically involves cutting a key and inserting it into the ignition either with or without cutting it shorter.

Even though the key itself won't disable the immobiliser, it just means that it's a security feature removed from the car. I dunno, just saying because anything is possible.

Ah. Thanks for that mate - so I guess this means the key needs to always be in the ignition?

Car alarm & security guys should be able to intall this kit for you at their hourly chargeout rates.

I will say easily will costs you at least $300 or more.

I got a quote from Ace Automotive - $105 for first half hour then $105 for every hour after that.

Hey guys,

I was thinking of getting RKE kit with push-button engine start installed in my 2011 Ascent (wish it came standard like the Levin ZR!), and found this system by Advanced Keys: http://www.advancedk...rod_AK103B.html

Anyone heard anything about this kit? I love the button too - looks very OEM Toyota/Lexus to me and its not a bad price for the kit itself.

Only thing is I probably wouldn't be able to install it myself (no mechanical/electronic knowledge) so I wonder how much it would cost to get someone to install it for me professionally.

i like to install this too but if you're going ahead with it pleaes let me know how you go. :)

ur local toyota dealer would probly be inclined to say no in my experince but u can only ask

they will charge 130ish an hour for labour though so probably cheaper going to an auto elec

Especially if you car is still under manufacturer warranty.

ur local toyota dealer would probly be inclined to say no in my experince but u can only ask

they will charge 130ish an hour for labour though so probably cheaper going to an auto elec

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old post but did you end up getting this installed?

Looking at installing it myself. They have a new version. Includes buttons on the remote for boot and lock/unlock and also remote start integrated into it.