2011 RAV4 Cruiser: Which is the standard Sound System?

Zipper Chan

hey all,

can anyone confirm which is the standard sound system that comes in the 2011 RAV4 Cruiser? where can i find info on it including pics?

none of the dealers i've been to have a Cruiser in stock and all say the sound system is different to the one in the CV model but can't provide me any info on its features. they say it has a LCD screen as a reversing camera can be connected to it.

i'm assuming it's not the "Display Audio System" in the Accessories guide: Toyota Display Audio System

i'm debating whether to upgrade the sound system...

any help would be greatly appreciated

Upgrading to a proper sound system is totally worth it on the Rav4. It just depends how much money you are willing to spend on upgrading the sound system.

The front you need 6.5" components and the back 6.5" coaxial speakers. I also highly recommend getting a subwoofer as well.

Heres a Pic :)

The unit with the screen does not include a GPS

thanks for the pics - that looks remarkably similar to the Display Audio System listed in the Toyota Accessories Guide! is this correct?

can that unit in the pics show titles and listings of music on your iPod/iPhone/mp3 player?

can it sync with your phones address book and show contacts on its display?

maybe the Display Audio System is an accessory for the CV model??

thanks for the pics - that looks remarkably similar to the Display Audio System listed in the Toyota Accessories Guide! is this correct?

can that unit in the pics show titles and listings of music on your iPod/iPhone/mp3 player?

can it sync with your phones address book and show contacts on its display?

maybe the Display Audio System is an accessory for the CV model??

I havent seen the Toyota Accessory guide so i cant confirm.

Yes, the screen will show titles and listings from your Ipod.

The best thing to do is Call/email Toyota spare parts and they should be able to help you out.

The Display Audio unit is an option for models that don't have it, but most 'middle of the range' vehicles and up will have this unit as standard. The Rav4 Cruiser is one of them.

It will only display information off an iPod etc if it is plugged in via the USB port. The 3.5mm jack will not support this information etc.

The unit also has a feature called Bluetooth audio which is probably, in my opinion, the best feature of the lot. I load up my iPhone with a heap of music and can play it all without using any wiring at all.

The syncing of information off your phone (address book) is more dependant on whether the phone will do it. I'm not totally sure apples products will do it, but I have done it numerous times with various Nokia's and Ericssons.