Rolla ZRE152R Oil Filter

And one know how many parts I need to remove to get to the oil filter my old man does not want to go back to toyota dealer for oil changes after they got done at a speed camera during service.. please help me.. and feel sorry for me.. if anyone has a workshop manual I'd love that too!!!

And one know how many parts I need to remove to get to the oil filter my old man does not want to go back to toyota dealer for oil changes after they got done at a speed camera during service.. please help me.. and feel sorry for me.. if anyone has a workshop manual I'd love that too!!!

If it's pre mid '10'ish it's got the normal spin/on spin/off throwaway filter.

After that they went to a replacement filter INSIDE the spin off outer canister.

Apparently the canisters can "round off" very easily, so you must use the proper removal tool (about $25 off ebay).

Be sure to clean inside the canister thoroughly (something my dealer cant be bothered to do) and remember to fit the new O ring supplied with the new filter ($22'ish from Toyota).

post-54-0-52789200-1307954085_thumb.jpg

post-54-0-72953700-1307954128_thumb.png

If it's pre mid '10'ish it's got the normal spin/on spin/off throwaway filter.

After that they went to a replacement filter INSIDE the spin off outer canister.

Apparently the canisters can "round off" very easily, so you must use the proper removal tool (about $25 off ebay).

Be sure to clean inside the canister thoroughly (something my dealer cant be bothered to do) and remember to fit the new O ring supplied with the new filter ($22'ish from Toyota).

Are these filter suitable for track days?

Anyone can find aftermarket oil filter for this car? I am worrying about whether this kind of oil filter can do the job

Are these filter suitable for track days?

Anyone can find aftermarket oil filter for this car? I am worrying about whether this kind of oil filter can do the job

You don't need to get a 'track specification' (if such a thing existed) oil filter for your car if you plan on bringing it out to the track. No need to panic.

ZREs built '07 to '09 have the metal type of oil filter. ZREs built '09 onwards have the cartridge type of filter. The picture with the yellow filter posted above. :)

As about for tracking the car, do an oil/oil filter change before and after the track day is recommended. I thought I would be alright after my track day, but since I was driving to Qld for the annual meet, I decided to change it and hell it was a lot darker than expected!