Spark plugs torque settings

Hello all,

I'm just wondering if anyone uses torque wrenches to replace spark plugs & intake manifold? or does everyone go by the rule of thumb and hand tight and 1/4 turn on a socket wrench as this is my first time doing plugs on an Aurion and don't want to screw anything up I'm just wondering what is the best way to go. I could not find a forum topic based on this but if there is can someone point me in the right direction as I'm new on this website and just want to find out some correct information.

Many Thanks Phil.

I always follow the recommended torque settings for engine and driveline components whenever possible. According to the service manual which you easily have at your disposal, the recommended torque setting for the spark plugs are 18 Nm (184 kgf/cm, 13 ft.lbf).

Thanks very much guys I'm currently downloading the link you've shown me, there is also settings for intake manifold correct thanks for the replies, maybe I've been searching in the wrong area because I've had great difficulty finding it.

Many thanks Phil very much appreciated.

No worries mate but credit should go to DJKOR for the effort taken to upload the manual for us to use.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks guys.

On the topic of torquing up the spark plugs, something interesting I observed. Now I'm no mechanic but from the way I've understood it, you do them up hand tight then proceed with a further 1/4 to 1/2 turn. My definition of hand tight is by tightening it by holding the socket extension with no handle attached. I always use the torque wrench so I never paid attention to it before, but when tightening up mine today, it was something like a full turn after hand tight until I reached the 18Nm torque setting.