Transmission is playing up - Worried

My transmission for the past week has been playing up. On a cold engine, when I reverse from my drive way, come to a complete stop and then put the car into D. It doesn't engage D straight away. It lags at least a 1 second or just bit more than a second to go into D.

Also, up to 50KM/h on easy acceleration on a cold engine. It will not change gears at all(Kind of like a manual, when you need to change gears and you don't the car will just start revving higher and higher until you change gears and the engine relaxes). Once I hit 50KM/h the engine just starts revving higher and higher and the gears don't change until I do a hard press of the accelerator on a cold engine and then it initiates a gear change.

I had my fluid changed and also my transmission computer was changed to the new one under warranty.

Before I call the dealer to book it in, I'd like to get some idea what it can be so I know what's going on at least.

all i can think it would be related to is the temperature because i had my old Camry do the same thing but once warm it was fine.

My aurion does something different when cold and u go from R to D it THUMPS into gear from what i can tell its due to the higher idle (Auto Choke) warming the car up.

All i can suggest is just before u brush your teeth go out and start the car so it warms up, then go brush teeth then get in car and hoon away :lol: (NOTE: Don't do this if you live in dodgy area or you might not have a car on your return :P )

So yea just book her in and see what they say...

have you seen a dealer with any auto issues before ?. they might suggest an addition of an extra 200ml of oil - if thats no good there is an updated auto ecu (software) that helps alleviate cold operation flare between 2nd and 3rd at approx 40 - 50kph. in worse case scenarios if the vehicle is still under warranty the auto can be sent to one of the toyota dealer trans-repairers. either in melbourne or sydney. i have seen 2 in the last year- never get any info on what is repaired or replaced , just re-install and its different.

(the repair in the US is a new auto ,ecu and oil--- is toyota aus reading this ???????)