TAX !

123R-Prozak

Hey tax time is here ! just thought i should post a thread for people to give tips !

first, im a mechanic so here ya go

mechanic, dont forget to claim your tools ! also if you'v saved reciepts for hand cream or hand wash, or washing detergents for your clothes. you can claim washing your work clothes seperate 2-3 times a week, also ironing.. LOL... eyewear for driving, if you go to tafe or mechanic school, you can claim each km it takes you to get there. also it will ask you if you got a 4cyl or 6 or 8cyl lol.. petroll.. if you do online training, claim that.

if any1 has any more tips for me go ahead please? also put ur profession and ill try and see if i can give tips.. ta

These are my little tips which i've learnt as an accounting student.

- Gifts of 2 dollars or more can be claimed if you have a receipt from an approved body (e.g Charity)

- You dont need receipts if you claim less than $300

- Make sure you keep all documents and receipts if you claim over $300 worth of stuff just in case you get audited.

I cant think of much else off the top of my head.

Also regarding some of the things 123R-prozak has said:

Hand cream/shampoo/moisturiser etc must relate to your work, eg as a mechanic your hands get dry from your work so you need moisturiser, Sunscreen because you work outdoors.

If you have a specific uniform you wear for work you can claim up to $150 for washing the clothes with no receipts, you'll need receipts if you want to claim more.

Eyewear is a contentious area, those who work outside can generally claim for sunglasses. But for those who work inside, you generally cant claim. eg taxi driver using sunglasses, you wont be able to claim.

As for car expenses, there's an extensive amount of documentation.

For more tips, ask your accountant, they should know most of this