Advice on New Tyres

Aegiz

Alright everyone, I've been having a rather annoying issue lately. Sometimes when I take off my car will just wheel spin and my friends have told me its because my tyres are too slippery. Nowadays this has become a significant issue in the wet weather. If I don't perform my take off perfectly then I'll just sit there spinning my wheels. On top of that, going through a round about in the rain actually causes my wheels to slide a bit.

So.. to sum up, I'm looking for a new pair of tyres for my car. Something grippy but I have no idea which ones I should get. So far I've been looking at the Dunlop Direzza D101s at Blairs Tyres. I've also been told Tempe tyres are good.

Btw, I'm located in Sydney near Parramatta and I'm a pretty poor student. So I'd like to get something relatively cheap.

it would probably help if you have a budget in mind?

if you are looking at the dunlops already so i am guessing your budget is around the 150 mark a corner?

you can try the RE002(a few ppl on here run them) or maybe have a look at the group that is going on at the moment for the yoko.

apparently they are good for both dry and wet...

Edited by stock

I'd like to spend 100 a tyre to be honest. I also this quote from beaurepairs:

We have the Goodyear Assurance AG in your size (175/65R14).  They are currently on special for $108.00each, include fitting, balancing, GST, Old Tyres Disposal & a new tubeless valve (RRP $165.00)

We have the Dunlop SP SPORT 300E in your size (175/65R14). They are currently on special for $124.00 each, include Fitted,balancing, GST, Old Tyres Disposal & a new tubeless valve (RRP $165.00)

We have the Geotred Reliance in your size (175/65R14). They are currently on special for $88.00 each, include Fitting, balancing, GST, Old Tyres Disposal & a new tubeless valve (RRP $100.0)

I've never actually heard of Geotred in all honesty.. But the Good Years look pretty good