**HELP** My Exhaust

I've finally fixed my problematic exhaust by removing 2x middle glass pack resonators that where rusty inside (Livo Exhaust..stock sits on shelf 4 way too long) to 2x resonators that are slightly different inside the resonator that "causes a spiral effect with the exhaust gasses". Also it smells abit and is not as loud as before or deep but let me remind u that it is BRAND NEW, so is this normal and will it get louder/deeper? & do the "bumps" inside the resonators actually give the car more power?

Different mufflers will have different sounds, power difference between the two will be negligible.

As the mufflers burn in they will actually change their sound just a little bit and the smell is not unusual during the first month or so of use.

Ok can any1 tell me on a scale of 1-10 in relation to exhaust sound on a 4 banger how does a CES exhaust on a rolla stivo compare? i have a resonator that looks like the one CES uses so maybe if i took one out and put a bigger rear muffler to deepen the sound will it have that aggressive but deep all the way through sound which i am looking for?

also a few pics.

below rusted resonators from LIVERPOOL EXHAUST. smh.

& livopool resonators vs new resonators (size comparison isnt as acurate as shown)

Opinions guys????

post-24400-0-77536200-1312288117_thumb.j

post-24400-0-40989000-1312288126_thumb.j

post-24400-0-41912200-1312288133_thumb.j

Different mufflers will have different sounds, power difference between the two will be negligible.

As the mufflers burn in they will actually change their sound just a little bit and the smell is not unusual during the first month or so of use.

yeah i have atm 2 x resonators fairly big imo, and a small rear muffler it use to balance well with my old resonators before the ***** themselves lol but now the new ones are too quiet imo and will only louden slightly from experience. should i take out one whole resonator alltogether and put a bigger rear muffler? I WANT an aggressive tone but DEEEP all the way through the rev ranges if possible.

no wonder you think it's quiet, you have 2 resonators.

if you want to compare to the CES system, it only has 1 resonator.

as others have said, different sized resonators and mufflers will give a different sound. if you're thinking of changing the system now, at least wait until it has burnt in and reached it's true sound and then decided if you're happy with it.

no wonder you think it's quiet, you have 2 resonators.

if you want to compare to the CES system, it only has 1 resonator.

as others have said, different sized resonators and mufflers will give a different sound. if you're thinking of changing the system now, at least wait until it has burnt in and reached it's true sound and then decided if you're happy with it.

I was going for a deep note, not a loud farty sound, but yeah abit quiet especially on idle and in general, how does the CES exhaust sounds like? Also is the resonator CES uses look the same barrel shaped.

Sounds like you should just get a CES :lol:

lol ive spent too much money on this exhaust so i dnt wanna jst scrap the whole thing.

man does any1 on tocau know how a CES exhaust stands up against a Custom 1? also any1 know if this spiral design shown below is better than straight through? basically its causes back pressure, is this good or bad? coz its what the exhaust person put on.

post-24400-0-63259400-1312361061_thumb.j

man does any1 on tocau know how a CES exhaust stands up against a Custom 1? also any1 know if this spiral design shown below is better than straight through? basically its causes back pressure, is this good or bad? coz its what the exhaust person put on.

Come down to Canterbury on the weekend and ill drag you so you can find out.

Where in Canterbury lol

Where in Canterbury lol

wardell road, sunday night.

Where in Canterbury lol

I actually want to hear it so I can get an idea on the sound I like and act accordingly but need to take it to the shop 2morrow so its ready 4 the weekend lol any chance u can show us 2night, I basically live on wardell Rd.

Where in Canterbury lol

I actually want to hear it so I can get an idea on the sound I like and act accordingly but need to take it to the shop 2morrow so its ready 4 the weekend lol any chance u can show us 2night, I basically live on wardell Rd.

It sounds like a male buffalo ejaculating into another male buffalo.

Where in Canterbury lol

It sounds like a male buffalo ejaculating into another male buffalo.

Haha where's the thumbs up so I can Facebook like this s#it lol

CES will sound different on your car as it will to someone elses car, they are not 100% exactly the same.

the CES exhaust by itself on the car sounds GREAT without being droony and or bleeding your ears on long highway drives. Add headers and or CAI to the car again .. and the sound changes again !!!

Youtube Vid -

CES will sound different on your car as it will to someone elses car, they are not 100% exactly the same.

the CES exhaust by itself on the car sounds GREAT without being droony and or bleeding your ears on long highway drives. Add headers and or CAI to the car again .. and the sound changes again !!!

Youtube Vid -

Hey thanks for that man, I have the CAI & the headers, I'm looking now to get a rear muffleR and middle resonator to cause an aggressive but deep chunky sound all the way through. Does this fit the characteristics of the CES exhaust system??

That video was with TRD CAI, TRD Headers and the full CES system, however that CES exhaust had a larger than normal resonator ...

I hope that gives you an idea of what things will sound like with the bolt ons that you have