2007 Camry steering problem

possumb

I have recently purchased a 2007 Camry Grande and have noticed it veers to the left. I have asked the dealership and they have stated that most cars are setup to veer to the left. I also own a 2006 Hilux which has no problems and can just sit on the road pointing straight ahead with no veering at all. I have also owned other vehs with no veering problems at all. Is this a common obscurity with the Camrys?

A wheel alignment will do nothing. Your caster is out and you need single or double offset control arm bush kit to get it to drive true.

SuperPro, Whiteline Plus and Nolathane all make an offset bush kit. They cost about $220AU a kit plus installation which will be around $200-300.

Don't go to Toyota, go a suspension shop to have the work done.

Must admit my 2007 Camry pulls to the left and wore out the last set of tyres in very fast time. I have had the alignment done 3 times and it still has to have a firm right hand down pressure to track true.

So I will look into a camber kit as we are off on a driving holiday next school hol's. Seems strange to me the mob that did the alignment did't mention a camber kit for it as they noticed it was out a fair bit, but perhaps they like selling me tyres... Would a camber isue show up on the diagnostic electronic wheel alignment thingy?

Can any one suggest a good mob in Western Sydney to do this?

Tia.

Spied

What Andrew says is correct. The Aurion suffers from the same fault.

Q) My Aurion pulls to the left even after a wheel alignment. Is there something wrong?

A)
There is a known issue that the Aurion will have a tendency to pull to the left on a perfectly flat road, and not due to the camber in the road itself. The issue is caused by the suspension castor not being correct. There is a solution however, and that is Super Pro Polyurethane Offset bushes. These are available from Fulcrum suspension under the part name SPF2904K. Toyota does not acknowledge the issue, but if you pursue them enough, they MAY change it for you under warranty.

Threads of interest:

+1 to the above - my 06 Sportivo has always loved wandering to the left. Not severe enough for me to get around to fixing it yet though :lol:

+1 to the above - my 06 Sportivo has always loved wandering to the left. Not severe enough for me to get around to fixing it yet though :lol:

+2. My Aurion veers to the left but like you said, not severe enough to get around to it :lol:. I'll eventually do it because it IS annoying.

Hahah very true, especially when you're being lazy/not paying 110% attention and when you like to drive one handed heheheh :D

Having a suspension check and some bits quoted from Pedders later this week so I might see if they can source and fit that part for me, better write it down! :)

Even Mum's 2004 Mazda 323 likes to wander to the left a little bit and a lot of cars I've driven do too, they're not all going to be perfect, ultimately at the end of the day we still have to do the driving! :lol:

now that you guys have mentioned it

the gen 4 camry ive been driving does slightly veer to the left on a fairly straight road,

ill test it on my gen 5 when i get it back, to see if this happens as well

Depending on the road, most cars tend to veer to the left (or right). This is due to the camber on the road. The Aurion and Camry however exhibit the veering to the left issue on flat surfaces however and is caused by suspension related issues and not the road.