Tyres

vitagen

Okay goin to pick up some tyres from melb when i go there next wk:

selecting from 3......can you guys help me decide which is the best one to get?

Bridgestone Potenza RE030 205/55/R16

Falken 2E-326: 225/50/16

Hankook Sport - 225/50/16

Im tending towards the potenza cos they stock on sube cars..? but yeah im unsure on the falken and hankook tyres

any advice is appreicated thanks!

Go with the Falken. Bridgestones are softish and if you drive hard then the edge will disappear very quickly. Most Wrx's i see with the stocky tyres on are either new or are driven very gently.

Edited by SILVABULLIT

205/50 is actually the limit, you will struggle to fit any of the tyres mentioned onto the stock rims... well the 205/55 will fit but your rolling diameter will be greater then standard and hence you will be more prone to speeding... 205/50r16 is actually the standard for the WRX

The falken 326's are absolutely useless in the wet.  No grip at all, but they last a long time if traction isn't important to you.

ditto, Falkens last ages but has little grip.. Bridgestones have good grip but like the stock Turanzas shred easily (mine only lasted 20,000kms but included 2 track days)..

I wouldn't put any more than 205 width on the Stivo's 16X6" rims..

I had bridgestones on my frist tsport and had a blow out, at low speed thank ***,also they pick up the road noise.On my 2005 tsport they have put Michelin pilots on and its alot better this is now the tyre fitted to all uk spec tsports so toyota must think its a step forward,i do...

Fulda Extremo or Excelero are 2 tryes that i looked at today and for the money not bad at all!! AA rating, load rating of 91, silica compound on the tread surface, W speed rating, good rim protector and temperature rating of 280 degrees. There simply are next to no tyres on the market under $200 ea with AA rating and the correct load rating etc etc. Have a look and see what you think.

Fulda are made in the Rev Spec factory of Bridgestone in Hanover Germany and simply just go out a different door under a different name.