Hey Guys Its Been a While

Hey all,

Its been ages since ive visited this site. I Sold my rolla about 2 months ago and have been very active on the ford forums. Hope all is going well with your lives and your rides. Long live the Rolla.

Heres my new ride. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

AzZa

SILVABUILT, yeh you will be seeing the back of my car....... all the time hahaha.

JOKE. But the pics are small as. Meh Dissappointed.

In 3 weeks my custom edit is arriving, woot 245RWKW.

Edited by AzZaMaTaZ

Yeh the edit is a freak of nature in the XR6Turbo

i dynoed the car last week. and it pulled 185 RWKW

MOst people with a custom edit box (on high boost around 10psi) being a safe level are pulling 245RWKW and thats prob 310+ at the fly. You dont get that much normally.

At this power my ute should do a quarter mile in high 12's and its a relatively inexpensive mod. Costs anywhere bw 1200 and 1600 depending on who the tuner is.

One car i know has a custom edit, nizpro injectors and valve springs, aps exhaust, bigger intercooler, and he is running nearly 14pounds of boost, with 393RWKW and does the quarter mile in 10.20 seconds. Its bloody quick

Contact CES racing as they have just done an exhaust for XR6 turbo ute for APS I think. Well whoever it was for they've seen an increase of some 40 -45kw atw from memory. Contact Trevor at CES for more details.

BTW I'm not stupid enough to think that my Stivo would beat a XR6 turbo. But the fact that you've got a 4 litre turbo charged 6 cylinder engine in a car that weighs not a lot more than a corolla you should flog me up. I wouldn't be the one embarrased it if didn't beat me easily for the amount of money they cost to buy ;)

Thanks Black200, and yes my tanks cost 90 bucks and it lasts me about 5 days. 450km max on a tank hehehe. i flog it a bit

SILVABUILT im not starting a ****fight

i love the rolla and i owned one for 2 years. Just a few facts, the ute ways about 500kg more than the rolla so its not 'just' heavier than it. I never once meaned that i w0ould flog you up because it would be stupid for me to imply as i have owned both vehicles and both have great attributes. Its a totally different league of car. I got the XR6T because of the masive tuning properties. Imagine a street car in street trim having nearly 400kw at the rear wheels. Its just ridiculously good.

AzZa Out

Thanks Black200, and yes my tanks cost 90 bucks and it lasts me about 5 days. 450km max on a tank hehehe. i flog it a bit

SILVABUILT im not starting a ****fight

i love the rolla and i owned one for 2 years.  Just a few facts, the ute ways about 500kg more than the rolla so its not 'just' heavier than it. I never once meaned that i w0ould flog you up because it would be stupid for me to imply as i have owned both vehicles and both have great attributes. Its a totally different league of car. I got the XR6T because of the masive tuning properties. Imagine a street car in street trim having nearly 400kw at the rear wheels. Its just ridiculously good.

AzZa Out

Mmmm.. 400kw atw sounds awesome :D But always means big money for shredded tyres, clutches and gearboxes.. :( Nah leave it at 300kw man :P Would love to put the Stivo up against an XR6T on an endurance race though :P ;)

XR6T Ute - now that is a man's car.

Very nice ride man! Good to see someone willing to put a new (relatively expensive) vehicle straight on the modifying chop block. :P

Not that i am not an avid corolla supporter fellas, but just thought i would devulge some info about the XR6T Ute and why i hold it in high regard:

*Can pickup a baseline XR6T Ute with not extras for ~35k, not too much more than the 27k of a stivo, although a little far off the ~20k for a new 1zzfe. The Utes are some 5k cheaper than the XR6T sedans, however they do weigh about 150kg less strangely.

*Goes hard standard.

*Highly modifiable as stated by AzzaMataz, easy to further increase (by large degrees) the output.

*Great fun to drive, does awesome burnouts with ease (who doesnt like to bake it? And yes, i am one of those hoons... Well admittedly i dont if it is my car, unless they are old tires on their last leg...)

*Of course the dissadvantages include: excessive fuel cost, too much output results in the need to replace highly stressed parts more often than the norm. However seeing as this is all hypothetical for me, if i had the money it wouldnt be a problem, hehe.

One day...

Also if you havnt run away as a result of the poor reception of your Ford Azzamataz, i would love to see some pics with those mods.

Yeh i was torn

Had the lovely 6 speed manual

or the 4 speed auto with sequencial

The fact that i drive 2 hours a day in peak hour traffic to get to work swayed me. Also its a fact that the auto box is faster than the manual no matter how good the driver from what i hear.

My mate bought a manual turbo sedan at the same time as i did. Both of ours are through work but he needs to travel a certain amount of kms a year so he doesnt have to pay an extra fringe benefits tax so i drive that 1 week out of 2 months to get his kms up so i get best of both worlds atm.

Yeh i was torn

Had the lovely 6 speed manual

or the 4 speed auto with sequencial

The fact that i drive 2 hours a day in peak hour traffic to get to work swayed me. Also its a fact that the auto box is faster than the manual no matter how good the driver from what i hear.

My mate bought a manual turbo sedan at the same time as i did. Both of ours are through work but he needs to travel a certain amount of kms a year so he doesnt have to pay an extra fringe benefits tax so i drive that 1 week out of 2 months to get his kms up so i get best of both worlds atm.

Hey Azza,

Love the car!!, I got pre-approved finance for a XR6T ute just prior to getting the Stivo, But I dropped it coz of insurance (Im 23). It was an absolute rocket to drive. I have to wait a few years then i'll get a used one.

In regards to the auto versus manual in the utes, in stock form the manual is about .5 secs quicker over the quarter consistantly. BUT the manual is on the limit in terms of torque capabilites, so as soon as you start to get more power the auto becomes the faster car. I am pretty sure that ute you talked about (400atw)is an auto.

XR6T with Ford edit is a mean bit of kit. Very Jealous :angry:

Enjoy man :D