Strange Issue (Aurion)

Yerolo

The other morning I went to start up the Aurion AT/X as normal...and for some reason it wouldnt start. The radio was dead and the rear demister LED was blinking. I tried it a couple of more times and eventually it started up. The next 3-4 starts, it started up no problems

Is this something I should keep an eye on, or was it a once off? It sounds like the battery...the only thing different is that I am not driving it every day as I normally would (Maybe once per week).

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Yeh, I thought the same thing...the fact that it started after a few attempts is the reason I thought it weird. If it didnt start at all, I would just charge the battery and this post wouldn't be here :)

The only other notable thing I can recall was that the normal dashboard LEDs all lit up as normal when turning it to IGN but nothing happened. I have given the battery a couple of hours charge since the initial post to play it safe.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe I accidentally left one of the map lights on and closed the door a week ago (as far as I can tell, these lights do not turn off when the doors close)

Possibly an intermittent wiring issue that may need to be looked at...?

The dashboard LEDs happen to use a bit less voltage than the starter motor, and hence will function even without sufficient charge to start.

Rather than the battery being flat, I'd say it was actually a dodgy cell inside the battery. Can happen and when it does the battery's capacity is temporarily only a fraction of its norm. Getting it tested won't always show this either.

It tends to be very rare but not unheard of.