Exhaust sytem

Nashy

Could anybody suggest what would be a good exhaust system to et custom made for my 2001 celica sx i want something not nessecarily loud but reaal throaty and reaal sporty i wanna have something that stands out from everybody elses cannons n crap like that willing up to 600$

Would it be expensive coz of beig a vvtli engine and all boxed in and covered n stuff,but rhnx i was thinkig just getting a straight through catback 2.1/4 inch pipe but dunno if thatll make the sound i want every1 got a exhaust sytem but i still want something better haha

get a 2.5 inch system - that will actually make power :)

So long as there is a decent sized resonator in the system, the sound should not be an issue for you. The muffler is a wierd setup on the celica so something custom might be required. If it is a good exhaust shop, they should eb able to make something reasonably quiet in a 2.5 inch system.

Ok so if i was going to put extractors or headers or wateva rhey are and a 2 1/2 exhaust with resonator that should increase power and give off the sporty sound?

Correct!

Headers alone will give you more torque and around 6kw (CES figure). The stock headers ported are pretty damn good. I havent heard any reviews of eBay jobs so can't comment on them.

to get any decent power out of a 2zz you will need a 2.5 inch system. mandrel bent is a must to allow for smoother flow. cat back system is fine as the stock cat flows very well, not to mention the pipe between the cat and headers is a dual cell setup to give more torque through extending the 4-2-1 setup.

depending on your setup - a full exhaust and headers might land you between 8-12kw's

I have heard a full cat back system with ss magnaflow resonator and muffler and it had a decent sound. Not too noisy just tough and aggressive particularly in lift.

Edited by T_Money

Well thats pretty much exzactly what i wanred to hear. I got a price yesterday to get headers a 2 1/2 exhaust magnaflow resonator and mufflet installed and bout 900-1000all up its gunna cost me so im still keen on it thnx for ur advice

Edited by Nashy