newbie on new car and newbie mods

Schy

another question.. if i buy replacement headlight in ebay something like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2009-2011-Toyota-Corolla-Dual-CCFL-Angel-Eye-Halo-Rim-Projector-Head-Light-BLACK-/290610268950?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a9b8cb16#ht_6365wt_1135

or

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-2009-2011-TOYOTA-COROLLA-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-PAIR-/120782090878?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1f2c727e#ht_6352wt_1135

would they be compatible with right hand drives here in Australia? and would they fit the connectors with the OEM headlights? i think the new headlights have different bulb size from the OEM right?

looks like they are from us, the bulbs are most likely same size as OEM, however with them having LHD cars you're most likely going to glare onto oncoming traffic. RHD vehicles left light has bias towards the kerb, so it's the opposite for LHD

Some Projectors can be pulled apart and the cut off plates reversed or modded to give you RHD optics. Not sure about how the high beams reflectors are set... but high bean is only rarely used, and you normally dim when oncoming vehicles approach.

On the seat cover tip, many manufacturers now days accommodate for side air bags, just ask.

so most likely they wont fit.. hehe! better not buy the headlights then..

i will look for seat covers soon! :D any suggestions on what material?

also, anyone know where i can get sportivo bodykits for toyota altis on other countries? cause ive been seeing others with altis that have 'sportivo body kits' ... or even any body kits for the rolla sedan?

Edited by Schy

Do you know of any suppliers here in australia? As ive been searching and i can't find any.. :(

All im seeing is from overseas which are for the altis which i am pretty sure would fit my car..

oh okay.. guess ill have to search hard.. as i dont know if any of the sites ive been through ship internationally.. at which country do you usually get the kits from?

hello again.. does anyone know where i can buy seat covers for the sedan model? i asked toyota and their seat covers are $360 for the front and back row.. :o

anyone know where i can get them cheaper? XD

There is a shop in SYD that will custom make them. I'll shoot off the details when i find where I put them :)

I know one which is about 40mins drive from where i live, at Gold Coast, Sunnybank...

not sure if you wud like it but yeh it was on ebay when i was browsing couple weeks back.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Corolla-Body-Kit-2008-2010-ABS-plastic-/130377832498?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5b1fd832#shId

only $700 dollars for body kit.. ><" man i was fully expecting more..

I know one which is about 40mins drive from where i live, at Gold Coast, Sunnybank...

not sure if you wud like it but yeh it was on ebay when i was browsing couple weeks back.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Corolla-Body-Kit-2008-2010-ABS-plastic-/130377832498?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5b1fd832#shId

only $700 dollars for body kit.. ><" man i was fully expecting more..

that's a lip kit + spoiler, not a body kit......

i'd say the price is average? but being ABS plastic it may be more susceptible to damage than polyurethane, side skirts/rear lip isn't so much of a problem but front lip will scrap if your car is low.

low quality parts sagg and keep in mind you also need to spray the parts, which is more $$$$ you're probably looking at around 1k altogether.

Edited by fillit

So PU is better then ABS?

That one from ebay is for 08-10 model.. I wonder if it will fit with my car?

And, sorry for the noob question, what is the difference between a lip kit and body kit? The kit in ebay for sale haa a front And rear bumber and side skirts..

And, sorry for the noob question, what is the difference between a lip kit and body kit? The kit in ebay for sale haa a front And rear bumber and side skirts..

yeh i wouldnt know about body kits stuff, to me i thought those are body kits since it has front side and rear loll... guess we need people who are more pro in those field to explain lol =] sorry. i just manage to find those kits when i was browsing for racing tow hook for my car haha. but with car like ours best place for kits are from japan, if you know anyone can import for you that wud be easy, liked what im doing atm with some parts, im getting one of my work mate to import them from japan and stuff, not really cheap but still cheaper than some place.

Edited by crolladx

Lip kit is just add ons to your existing bodykit, such as front lip, side skirts, rear lip. a bodykit you would replace your front and rear bumpers.

PU is better as it's flexible, say if you hit a kerb when parking with an ABS plastic lip it will probably crack or break, PU however it will be fine, probably just need a touch of paint ( my mate crashed his PU lip into a kerb today while parking, only damage was the top layer of paint)however with that said, it's really only the front lip that needs to be PU, side skirts rear lip can be fibreglass abs plastic paper mache,so long as it holds then it's fine, you won't expect to hit anything with it.

yeh i wouldnt know about body kits stuff, to me i thought those are body kits since it has front side and rear loll... guess we need people who are more pro in those field to explain lol =] sorry. i just manage to find those kits when i was browsing for racing tow hook for my car haha. but with car like ours best place for kits are from japan, if you know anyone can import for you that wud be easy, liked what im doing atm with some parts, im getting one of my work mate to import them from japan and stuff, not really cheap but still cheaper than some place.

you can import goods from yahoo japan or jesse streeter (PM me if you want further details), it takes around 6-9 weeks to ship here, currently prices are undesirable as our AUD is low (but can still be a hell of alot cheaper than buying it here).

Edited by fillit

hello.. its me again! hehehe!

just wondering if anyone could recommend a good head unit for my car.. a head unit with GPS navigation and a reversing camera.. :D i'd really love to have them.. :D

thanks in advance guys!

ALpine, ;)

but alpine is so expensive.. do you know any other one that's cheaper? hehehe

Lols, you said good head unit, :P

Best you could really do is go into jb, strathfield, etc, and ask the peeps working there, or you can use Google,

It's also up to you on what the interface you want suits you., whether its easy to use or too many complicated buttons to get to a certain menu that you want.

Lololol!

Ive seen some on ebay and wonder if they are any good.. I just want a headunit that plays mp3, cd, dvd, with gps and can connect a reverse camera.. Hehehe!

We dont have jb hifi here so i'd have to search for the net and post them to me..

you really get what you pay for in headunits, you can go to jaycar and get a $200 one, they work... just not terribly well.

if you have a nice enough car, then you should save up your pennies and get a nice pioneer or alpine one.