rear wheel drive conversion st204 5sfe

chris.seward

hey everyone i would appreciate it greatly if someone could help me with something im thinking about doing to my st204 celica its completely standard with the 5sfe i am keen on rear wheel drive converting it and was wondering about basic things i need to know if was to do this mod....any information will be welcomed thank you :)

hey everyone i would appreciate it greatly if someone could help me with something im thinking about doing to my st204 celica its completely standard with the 5sfe i am keen on rear wheel drive converting it and was wondering about basic things i need to know if was to do this mod....any information will be welcomed thank you :)

as far as i know, you need to have a lot of time/money/patience

personally, ive given up on looking up fwd to rwd conversions, though you love the car bla bla bla history, etc etc, still not worth it, jst get an rwd car.

*imo of course :)*

ive been told the motor doesnt need to be turned around so since the gt four is awd i thought it would be straight forward since its got the cut out for aa driveshaft and things like that just im not good with gearboxs and stuff for it to come out of

This is a headache waiting to happen, honestly mate i guarantee you 80% of the guys on this forum have thought about this and in the long run, its not going to be a good outcome. the design of the fwd 5sfe is just not suitable for a rwd conversion the car wont run right and most conversions compromise strength.

as wonderful as it would be to have a rwd 5sfe it is not worth the trouble.

if anything your better off converting an awd gt4 to rwd.

but GL anyway.

Edited by KIRIUS

For starters the 5S-FE is not as good of a starting platform as the 3S-GTE. If you were going to use a 3S-GTE box, you might as well use the engine as well. The idea of deleting the GT4 front driveshafts is not the best idea. The rears may be able to handle the power but were not designed to take all the load. The best platform to start with would be an ST205, but then you would be essentially decreasing the capability of the vehicle.

As mentioned above, the amount of time and money to complete this task should not be under estimated.

Good luck if you go though with it, but many people never do.