wheel hop.help!

i am getting alot of wheel hop as of late i dont know what is the probleum i dont know what to do to fix it.aslo everytime i drop the gear to 1 and roll at 40km and i full throttle i get alot of wheel hop plz someone tell me how can i fix it without changing my suspention.can i take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it

i am getting alot of wheel hop as of late i dont know what is the probleum i dont know what to do to fix it.aslo everytime i drop the gear to 1 and roll at 40km and i full throttle i get alot of wheel hop plz someone tell me how can i fix it without changing my suspention.can i take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it

What exactly do you mean?

Wheel hop as in losing traction and it seems like the front of the car is jumping?

Are you already rolling when you drop the gear in 1st? If yes, they I don't recommend you ever put your car into first while rolling. 1st is for take off only.

sounds like what you are referring to is axle tramp, which unfortunately is a big problem with the Aurion due to so much power going to the front wheels. What you're experiencing is typical of Aurions and doesn't generally mean anything is wrong with your car, it just means you need either better tyres and to take off a bit slower so as to not induce wheelspin.

You can get your suspension modified to reduce axle tramp, but this is generally done only for drag work and would make your car less suitable around town

cuz my friend also has an aurion but he doesnt get wheel hop from a rolling start but me i get it in a launch and from a roll start(40km) i have to keep it in gear one so that i can get a strong jump

cuz my friend also has an aurion but he doesnt get wheel hop from a rolling start but me i get it in a launch and from a roll start(40km) i have to keep it in gear one so that i can get a strong jump

Are you running the same tires? Are his tires bold? Are you running the same wheels? Who's wheels are heavier? What surface are you doing it on? There are so many factors in play that it is hard to tell you why it is happening.

I used to own a manual Barina and even that had Axel Tramp when the wheels were straight. My point is, Alex Tramp is a fact of life when you own a FWD.

As above, what you're experiencing is axle tramp, quite harmful for the driveline so you should probably stop doing it :P.

RWD cars do it too, when I put wider tyres on my last car (Supra) on a launch it would either axle tramp all the way through first or squirm sideways like it should. It would also do it when taken to the end of a gear and slammed into the next gear but only up to 4th.

Basically axle tramp is due to breaking traction momentarily, but not having quite enough power to break traction completely so for brief moments you're gripping then losing traction repeatedly until you either gain traction or back off the accelerator.

How worn are your front tyres? Good tyres should make a huge difference to holding traction to stop wheel hop.

Does your traction control cut in to stop it? I haven't had this problem with my car, not that I've tried (245s FTW!) but you'd think traction control would cut in to stop it.

But please, for the sake of your cars driveline, stop this axle tramp nonesense...

Keeping it in 1st eh? Doesn't sound like the following statement is true then:

... i shifted almost perfect

Sounds like you have just explained why you keep getting beaten by your mate. The best way at avoiding axle tramp is to know how to apply the power down to your wheels depending on the conditions.

so even when i am rolling i shouldn't full throttle then i will defenitly lose the race

Sticking to extreme assumptions is what will cost you any "race"

Spend the time to learn your own car best and get the most out of it - no one on here can give you a black and white answer regarding that. Even those on here who I rate as very good drivers need to go for a drive and relearn how their car performs when they get new tyres, or a new intake etc.

so even when i am rolling i shouldn't full throttle then i will defenitly lose the race

I don't know if you meant your post to sound this way but the attitude behind it is wrong. You sound like a red light warrior looking to beat everyone who looks at you sideways. If you want to learn how your car behaves or race people, take it to the track or drags. I'm a p plater and even I can't stand this kind of thing.

hahahah no i dont race much just with my friend whenever we r bored and i will take it to the drqg strip just wanting to know what time can it do

Thats good. You can see how easy it is for people to misunderstand your posts though right? You don't want to get a reputation of being a traffic light warrior or you won't get much help when genuine problems come along :P