Possible ideas for audio upgrade?

GNCLVS

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys,

So I just got my '08 Aurion in white.

Anyway, I've swapped it over from a 03' Falcon BA XT.

I originally had some some sound mods in it, I had replaced all factories with the fronts running Alpine SPR-17C's and the rears running SPR-57C's. I also run a dual channel amp to power 2x 10" generic subs which actually punch pretty hard, unfortunately with a slow response.

Just to let you know, the subs will not fit into the boot of the Aurion so I guess I'll be strapped for bass?

So I was wondering if, I should (to obtain best quality with the essence of that punchy bass from the subs):

A. Just keep the factory speakers/factory unit and try to possibly wire the factory speakers to the amp myself.

B. I had plans to upgrade the factory unit to have DVD etc, so should I just hold out until that comes and wire it up to the speakers WITHOUT an amp.

1. Factory head unit produces a rushing noise which is quite audible when you plug in the amps.

2. For good bass, you'll need speakers that are able to reproduce strong lower frequencies. Otherwise, you'd be looking at an amp+sub combo.

3. Most aftermarket headunits produce reasonably good quality sound without an additional amp (50w x 4)

I'd recommend changing the crappy stock head unit and putting in good aftermarket speakers.

You can also consider installing an additional 4ch amp and/or an amp+sub combo in the future.

If you're not getting a navigation head unit, I recommend that you buy it from US (same with speakers). Less than half the price of aus.

Few things to note.

What do you want out of your system? phat bass, great clean sound, just an upgrade

What do you want your system to do? DVD, touchscreen, iPod, Bluetooth?

What is your budget? Cheap and Nasty, Good Middle Ground, Awesome high end gear.

Just remember these things when deciding. There are heaps of brands out there and everyone has a personal favorite.

I did my '09 rolla with Hertz Speakers, Rockford amps and a Eclipse head deck.

The choice is yours!