Factory Navigation units?

TRD468

I bought a after market head unit off ebay about 9 months ago as i wanted a reverse camera, and the price was fairly decent compare to the factory unit. But they are crap and i would like to swap it for a factory unit. What options do i have and what are the price ranges? unsure.gif I found this one on ebay from sydney city toyota, is this worth it?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENUINE-TOYOTA-SATELLITE-NAVIGATION-FOLLOW-ME-/290586589849?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a84f7a99#ht_2847wt_1046

I bought a after market head unit off ebay about 9 months ago as i wanted a reverse camera, and the price was fairly decent compare to the factory unit. But they are crap and i would like to swap it for a factory unit. What options do i have and what are the price ranges? unsure.gif I found this one on ebay from sydney city toyota, is this worth it?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENUINE-TOYOTA-SATELLITE-NAVIGATION-FOLLOW-ME-/290586589849?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a84f7a99#ht_2847wt_1046

The factory units are all very limited in functionality and IMO represent very poor value for money given the asking price. If you aren't happy with the "plug and play" type of aftermarket GPS units for the Aurion, then I would suggest visiting a professional car audio shop and seeing what offerings the big brands like Alpine, Eclipse etc have on offer - most have double din units these days that offer the same features as the plug and play type but in a more cohesive and better designed package / GUI

Thanks for your info, but those after market units that you recommended, would they come with a reverse camera ?

A large chunk of them have support for reverse cameras. Like I stated, you need to actually go to a shop and speak to the professionals and outline your needs to them. From that they will be able to recommend units, from which you will be able to do further research of your own online to make up your mind which is the unit for you.

Thanks for your info, but those after market units that you recommended, would they come with a reverse camera ?

A large chunk of them have support for reverse cameras. Like I stated, you need to actually go to a shop and speak to the professionals and outline your needs to them. From that they will be able to recommend units, from which you will be able to do further research of your own online to make up your mind which is the unit for you.

Cheers mate biggrin.gif