Bumper

Had an accident with a BRAND NEW AUDI A6 yesterday :(, which is going to cost me at least $1600 to fix his car.

My rear bumper was also severely damaged and has left holes and marks covering the whole bumper.

Is there a cheap way to fill the holes / or try to cover up the damage with some sort of fibre glass repair kit?

(Ps I don’t want to use insurance as it will simply put premiums up)

Sorry to hear that!!!

Are you hit on the rear??? If so.... $1.6k is not unreasonable for an Audi but you might as well use the excess on yr insurance. Premiums will definitely go up after this incident, just change another insurance company.

As long as you are alright, nothing else matters ;)

Take care dude!!

Hey dude,

sorry to hear that, hope all is settled quickly.

Just some food for thought, you might wanna check the "Rear Bumper

Reinforcement" and the "Rear Bumper Energy Absorber" is not damaged, otherwise it could be dangerious if you get hit when it's damaged, and also could risk your insurance if they know that it's damanged.

but if its just the rear bar that's damaged, then i should be easy to fix. ;)

good luck!

what the? ur gonna fork out 1600 + the cost of ur car? im sure ur excess is wayyy lower than that man =/ whats the point of having insurance?

Yeh, 1600 excess even with comprehensive insurence for a 17 year old!!!!

oh well, ill get over it

Had an accident with a BRAND NEW AUDI A6 yesterday :(, which is going to cost me at least $1600 to fix his car.

My rear bumper was also severely damaged and has left holes and marks covering the whole bumper.

Is there a cheap way to fill the holes / or try to cover up the damage with some sort of fibre glass repair kit?

Your rear bumber is damaged??? Did he run into you...????

Can you tell us what exactly happened?

Im confused, you owe the Audi guy $$$ but your REAR bumper is damaged? All i can think of is that you reversed into him hard in a car park or something?

u can fill ur holes with ... forgot the name of it .. but its like a putty and then sand it back .. but a new bumper .. buy an after market one.. cost about $200-400 then paint it

If the Audi ran into your rear, then the usual principle of insurance applies, he was either too fast or too close. Result = he pays....

If you reversed into him, then it would be your fault without knowing anything more than you have told us.

Dude, if it is your fault, then just pay the excess and use your insurance. If you foot the bill in order to avoid insurance & possible premium hikes, then your kidding yourself. They are gonna go up next renewal anyway with or without your claim.

If making thee claim on your insurance and the job isn't done properly, then your insurance company takes care of it (and besides, they usually only use reputable repairers.).

If paying for the repair yourself and the job isn't done properly, then you will have to fight with the repairer yourself. If your young - good luck....

As Vitagen said, whats the point in having insurance if your not gonna use it????

Im confused, you owe the Audi guy $$$ but your REAR bumper is damaged? All i can think of is that you reversed into him hard in a car park or something?

If the Audi ran into your rear, then the usual principle of insurance applies, he was either too fast or too close. Result = he pays....

If you reversed into him, then it would be your fault without knowing anything more than you have told us.

Dude, if it is your fault, then just pay the excess and use your insurance. If you foot the bill in order to avoid insurance & possible premium hikes, then your kidding yourself. They are gonna go up next renewal anyway with or without your claim.

If making thee claim on your insurance and the job isn't done properly, then your insurance company takes care of it (and besides, they usually only use reputable repairers.).

If paying for the repair yourself and the job isn't done properly, then you will have to fight with the repairer yourself. If your young - good luck....

As Vitagen said, whats the point in having insurance if your not gonna use it????

Azza's absolutely correct ... at least if you lodge a claim, your insurer will keep an eye on proceedings and can act if things turn dodgy ... dodgy to them is potentially v. expensive to you.

Also, if you were at fault, the other guy might want a hire car while its in the shop ... again, your insurer can help there (at a much cheaper per day rate than you can get) plus again they're making sure that the damage is fixed right and quickly, so that cost is minimised again.