Bad Experiences

SP240

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a new Grande which I am picking up tomorrow. Love the forum and all the knowledge.

I have had a terrible experience and want to somehow get an idea of who displays the worst behaviors in customer service. I will list the dealer once I collect mine tomorrow but was hoping we could all list the bad dealers/service so as to give the heads up to anyone that is looking to buy a new Toyota.

Look fwd to hearing ur replies

• 4 weeks later...

terry shields toyota in parramatta. worst service ever.

manager said and i quote "if u bark we will bark back and we don't regret doing so". WFT??? don't need this sort of attitude from a place where u invest 65000 grand.

What happened is we called a sales person from far away and he was so annoyed that he basically said to go stuff ourselves.

never going or buying from them anymore!!!

Hi shoeb I was just reading your post, when the manager said that to you had you already bought car off them or signed papers and left a deposit or were you just inquiring, if you were just inquiring I would of told them to go and get stuffed. Everyone has the right to shop around,at the end of the day its your money and you have every right to do so.

They should be reported to toyota. Thanks mate for telling us about them.

Terry Shields Toyota do have one of the best parts interpreters though. Use them almost on a daily basis.

Agree with you there with their car sales team. Weren't too happy with their services when I was inquiring on a new Corolla for one of my customer. Try Sydney Toyota, better sales team.

Dwyers Bairnsdale Toyota:

Worst customer service on the face of the planet!@

LIARS (promised manuals I never ever got or recieved)

Oil line recal (skimped on proper fix as per new Klugers *metal line factory fitted*) their solution was a piece of crap rubber line of "new special material"

I even got screwed around on my new purchase of my FJ Crusier where they LIED and STALLED on getting me the factory manuals! I MYSELF had to do all of the research and leg work to find the manuals through a Melb City dealer!!!! *all it took was a couple of phone calls and about 20 minutes of time* I had to do all of this myself. I also got stooged on promised parts (verbal) to compensate for waiting so long for my car.

All in all WORST dealership I have ever dealt with in my life! Highly recommend people to stay away from these #### who are more interested in bottom line profits than anything to do with integrity and honesty and customer service, all of which in my two purchases seem to be foreign concepts, Dwyer family would be far better at running a bank on Wall Street than anything to do with dealing with the public :)

Oil line recal (skimped on proper fix as per new Klugers *metal line factory fitted*) their solution was a piece of crap rubber line of "new special material"

Using the new rubber material is nothing to do with the dealer; Toyota Japan decided the repair method for all vehicles globally and provided parts accordingly. You can't hang that one on the dealer in any way!

Dont even get me started on car dealers or especially car salesman, im sick to death of their brocken promises and especially their liars. I reckon on everyone of my car purchases ive been liared to, bought the vehicle then when taken delivery and things they said they were going to do wasnt done.

people can defend car dealers and car salesmen or they like but I woundnt trust them as far as I could kick them.

Using the new rubber material is nothing to do with the dealer; Toyota Japan decided the repair method for all vehicles globally and provided parts accordingly. You can't hang that one on the dealer in any way!

Bull crap!

It was a directive simply to save labor and money on the correct repair!

I got told by Toyota themselves from 4 different service departments!

It was simple economics!

Cost cutting!

Dealer was a kunt for doing this on a 50k car!

Simple!

My Dealer was so ashamed he got in the proper metal part for me for free!

Why????

Cause I told them they were cheap scates! I told Toyota too.

Its a corporate company run by accountant bean counters NOT by engineers or people with any tact or customer service,

The pipe DODGY FIX was all to save money,

A) on the part

B) on the extra labor associated.

THAT CAN BE HUNG ON TOTYOTA IN SHAME AND ON ANY DEALER WHO DARE ARGUE WITH SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN LIKE MYSELF.

If it were a proper fix no new cars would have a piece of crap rubber hose, end of story troll!

Dont even get me started on car dealers or especially car salesman, im sick to death of their brocken promises and especially their liars. I reckon on everyone of my car purchases ive been liared to, bought the vehicle then when taken delivery and things they said they were going to do wasnt done.

people can defend car dealers and car salesmen or they like but I woundnt trust them as far as I could kick them.

^ What he said x 1 Jizzillion

Dealer Trolls and Groupies can go suck on it, FACT is Dealers are dogs! never met a good one, nor an honest salesman!.......... all the honest ones dont stooge enough people thus they dont make bonuses and they go get real jobs!

Today's "sales people" are not only dishonest but they are totally inept at their own product and knowing anthing about it~!!!! They are too busy thinking how to scam you and make the next sale rather than investing time in professional development in customer service and product knowledge. How do I know??? I was a sales man, a sales rep, a shop manager, and a workshop owner!!!! been there!!! done that!!!!

Only crooks and con men survive in this modern world of crap service and "lets make a deal" mentality, long after they have run away with your money, you are nothing more than another victim to their money making adventures.

Its all about the customer BS!!! Its ALL ABOUT THE GROSS PROFIT!!!!!

Treat dealers for what they Are!!! Lying dirt bags!!!

Get EVERYTHING IN WRITTING!!! TRUST NOTHING THEY SAY!!! TRUST NO HAND SHAKES!!!! KEEP ON THEIR CASE@@@!!!! and NEVER EVER GIVE IN TO THEIR RUBBISH!!! REMEMBER THIS, THEY NEED YOU@@@!@!!!!@ YOU DO NOT NEED THEM!!!!!

You took the words write out of my mouth, counldnt put it better myself.

Get everything in writting and I MEAN EVERYTHING.

Dealer was a kunt for doing this on a 50k car! Simple!

My Dealer was so ashamed he got in the proper metal part for me for free!

So you've saying you missed the point of the thread on this one? The thread is about bad DEALER experiences. In the above quote you have both ripped them (saying it was the dealer making the decision) and complimented them (saying that they gave you something for nothing).

Cause I told them they were cheap scates! I told Toyota too.

By being proactive and spending money, rather than sitting back doing nothing (which probably would have been the cheaper option)?

Its a corporate company run by accountant bean counters NOT by engineers or people with any tact or customer service,

The accountants would have preferred it be made from rice paper (it tastes so much better), so your comment is clearly incorrect.

The pipe DODGY FIX was all to save money,

A) on the part

B) on the extra labor associated.

Why isn't every part of the car over-engineered? Because it adds to the retail price of the car and every car is designed to be competitive in a segment.

The correct procedure to remove the lower banjo is to remove the engine from the vehicle. Would yourself and thousands of others prefer the extra two days without a car for installation (for something that will perform the same)?

THAT CAN BE HUNG ON TOTYOTA IN SHAME AND ON ANY DEALER WHO DARE ARGUE WITH SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN LIKE MYSELF.

An inappropriate material was used. It was replaced with an appropriate material. How can your brain argue with that?

If it were a proper fix no new cars would have a piece of crap rubber hose, end of story troll!

Do you have the qualifications or relavent industry experience to actually say it is crap? If so, it would have been clear to you what the old material was (clearly printed on the hose) and how it is different from the new.

There has never been a more appropriate topic.

Fergusions Toyota at hurstville are living in the 70's, liars and cheats.

During the purchase I asked the salesman about the rumoured upgrade model, he said not for years and offered me a personal guarantee, two months later the new model was released.

During the supposed good value $170 service, all they did was give my car a wash and scratched the **** out of it. I know for a fact they did not do everything they put on the receipt.

Anyone defending these scum bags are probably one of them.

Any other industry they would probably end up in prison.

I will never be going back to South Melbourne Toyota (service, sales or used cars):

ce683a61.jpg

Damaged every single wheel during a service. It took longer than promised to have them repaired. Very polite, but got the feeling they did the whole service with only a screwdriver.

Also went to get a trade-in price from the used car department - got treated like trash, spoken to rudely and the guy walked off mid-sentence ...

That said, I've had no concers with Le Mans Deer Park, Brighton Toyota, Camberwell Toyota and Lane Toyota in the past.