[Thread for the car formally known as] The Storm Trooper ZR6

VIPZR6

Cheers for the feedback guys :D

Hub centric rings are ordered and on the way. Shudder/floatyness is pretty bad at 100k's. Will be staying in the garage till they arrive :/

So far have been pretty happy with the wheels, havn't had any scrubbing which is what I was worried may happen, thankfully the guards are fatter than I thought. Had a couple of near misses with gutters and curbs though, looks like Il have to get use to being curb concious again :P

Edited by VIPZR6

Stumbled upon some old photos from yesteryear of my progression through cars....this is my backround of vehicles to date;

First one, ENV33D. Was my first car, saved all my dosh for it, bought it bone stock non turbo, went through MANY stages, ended up being a 200rwkw sled of fun before being sold...

2e2i2hc.jpg

This was in its heyday, still cant get over the polish job I did on it before this show

2mrcjys.jpg

A little later in life, one gearbox later...

2h8becp.jpg

Then came the trusty 31, meant to be a daily, turned into a bit of a mini fix-up project. Saved it from almost certain death and brought it back to this state

6qv9s8.jpg

Then the ill-fated Black ZR6 that I had in my possesion for a total of 5 days...

1zybvit.jpg

No less than 5 days after the previous photo was taken this was the end result. Won't go into details but it was a sad night.

So I've had my fair share of cars in the past 4 years...

Hub centric rings are ordered and on the way. Shudder/floatyness is pretty bad at 100k's. Will be staying in the garage till they arrive :/

i got that too! went to alloy HCR's and it all went, did you order alloys ones?

After a sand back and polish+wax, pretty damn close;

1496nir.jpg

1shyjn.jpg

155729w.jpg

Pretty happy with how its sitting at the moment, still needs more low but now that the suspension has settled a bit since I've been able to throw it round a few corners its not as bad as it was

I dunno, I'm happy enough with the Sportivo grill for now. Few other bits and pieces I think I'd like to do first, one of which is an SRI. The other is weathershields :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a friends wedding yesterday, bridal car what up!

w80xgo.jpg

(just realised after looking at this on the big screen the bonnet was ajar from stuffing around with the ribbon >.<)

6qlmxt.jpg

Quiet on the modding front for a while, atleast until after xmas :) For now just focusing on keeping it clean

Nah not yet, going in for a service in a couple of weeks, by which point it should have reached the K's I would like for it to be "run in" so then a dyno run shortly after :)

• 1 month later...

Small update for the new year - weathershields :)

347bern.jpg

2dvmtme.jpg

Managed to completely bone the mounting on the driver side front, thankfully you cant really tell but il have another crack once the weather resumes its warmth (clearly the only place in Australia today that had rain/no bushfires)

Gave the body its bi-yearly spruce up on the weekend with a full cut, polish and wax. pretty impressed on how straight it actually is once its cleaned up, photos don't do it justice.

Not really much more thats left on the shopping list for exterior mods - still in two minds about lowering or not. Love being able to cruise into carparks without worrying about crumpling my front bar, but at the same time not digging the 4WD stance that I am currently rocking...if only I could justify spending money on bags.

15wnq6v.jpg

Edited by VIPZR6

These aurions are sick! I reckon just get lows. It will make it look more aggressive! But up to you, still looks good anyway :)

Needs to be lowered for sure

Lookin sexier and sexier all the time Josh, ive seen a few white aurions used for wedding rides! they look pretty cool.

Thats some country dust on under the bonett :D The silver wheels is such a good look on white i do miss it .

The problem with lowering a car in Victoria is that the ground clearance can not be lower than 10cm. The Aurion as far as I'm aware has a ground clearance of 10.5cm already give or take depending on the variance in wheel and tyre sizes, hence the car can only be lower another 5mm which logically isn't much of a change.

im pretty sure its nation wide that the car has to have 10cm clearance. my aurion is sitting on kings springs.

the lowest part of the car is the exhaust which is only sitting about 7-8cm off the ground. i went to the pits 2 months ago and my car passed somehow. :blink:

but im glad it did anyway hehe :clap:

• 1 month later...

Finally an update of sorts! Got it on the dyno to test out the typhoon, 1.1kw gain. It isnt much but it is indeed a gain :) so I'm happy enough. Love the sound from outside when it hits VVTi

2v10qxd.jpg

There is a fatter torque band atleast in the mid range which is good.

• Like 1

Finally got around to doing a mod that I've wanted to do since I smashed my CCFL's with my foot ages ago - Floor lighting

IMG_1517.jpg

$11.99 from eBay, and theres another 2 metres of it spare

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

Kept as neat as possible in the centre console to a switch which I installed when I had the CCFLs, complete with a plug to enable easy removal of the centre console (I'm in there often enough...)

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

Driver seat

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

Passenger seat

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

Back seat (cable running to temp 12v supply to test at the time)

Back seat was the most time consuming, consisted of making slices in the waterproof coating, every 2nd set of 3 LEDs to allow cable ties to run through the gap and be anchored onto the carpet. But it paid off it seems, will get some better pics when the night falls :)

Edited by VIPZR6

Good job Josh, makes a massive difference. Do they run off the door lights mate? or off that switch,

I wired mine into the doo light loom..... the biggest pain in the but I have ever done.

• Like 1