Apexi N1 Exhaust small backfiring ...

Hey guys i have the apexi N1 and sometimes i get small backfiring lil poping noise its not loud... just wanted to know what does it mean when it does this ??

Is there away to stop it from doing this let me know thanks!  ;)

From what i have read...(i dont have any documents or articles for you, sorry) backfiring can be considered an efficiency...

Basically it is when you have a pretty free flowing exhaust sytem, (depending how i use gears and the throttle i can make my 1zz back fire like a machine - even normal driving backfires all the time) the unburnt fuel gases from combustion are released straight out of your exhaust...alternatively a more restrictive exhaust (eg. stock) will just choke on these pockets of ethanol gas and ram them back into the engine as back pressure.

But yeah its nothing to worry about mate, better out than in, dont worry, your exhaust is not making the car use more fuel or anything, you are just making a bigger contribution to the hole in the ozone layer. :P

So yeah, in conclusion, you are not a man unless your car backfires.

get rid of the muffler if you dont like it

your adding peformance parts so your expecting to hear/see changes. so be prepared.

any mechanical changes will add some sort of noise. Try wack on an aftermarket 2way lsd. then tell me what noise is lol

get rid of the muffler if you dont like it

your adding peformance parts so your expecting to hear/see changes. so be prepared.

any mechanical changes will add some sort of noise. Try wack on an aftermarket 2way lsd. then tell me what noise is lol

Alright man relax lol i just wanted to know if its normal or not but if its fine then its all good... :P