I WANT a new 2012 model to come out with the classic shape of the 1991

I wish they would bring out a brand new celica, exactly the same (minor upgrades) as the oh so sexy 5th generation 89-93 models!!

Anyone agree? Lets start a petition! :D

Time to start fresh. First post has been edited to be more appropriate to what the OP is trying to say. If this thread even starts heading down the direction it last went in, I will delete it... no questions asked.

I think having the 86 come out in a GT4 badge instead to keep the "celica spirit" where the car comes out in a 2L turbocharged AWD would make it near impossible for me to refrain from buying one :P

for reference purposes;

Toyota 86 (was speculated that it would be called celica in the early days)

5th gen Celica

ohhh ok the 86 is quite sexy! the design is still quite simple hey! but i like the curves of the gen5 hehe, and why'd you have to choose the ugliest photo! haha could have chosen this one:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/17986/1991-toyota-celica#179860116

ohhh so sexy

anyway so when I googled "2012 celica" photo's like this one came up

di-1313060333231.jpg

and this is the one that I think is way too flash! did this car end up coming out? and as what? I read somewhere 2012 toyota mr2?

I have not seen a picture of that car in my whole entire 9 lives. but yes... its different but I wouldn't own one

Still reminds me of the 86 (which I don't mind given I think it looks great). Looks pretty sharp to me, nothing wrong with looking a little flash. It doesn't look overdone or ****y.

di-1313060333231.jpg

and this is the one that I think is way too flash! did this car end up coming out? and as what? I read somewhere 2012 toyota mr2?

That's the 2007 Toyota FT-HS concept hybrid. As with most concept cars, it was never really intended for production.

As for the ST18Xs, I'd hardly call them a classic shape. Yes, the ST185 does have a pedigree in rally, and is a classic in terms of performance and results (it was Toyota's most successful rally car and the dominant car of the early 90s) but the shape itself is pretty ordinary to be honest, especially the ungainly coupe.

Even that Bentley doesn't suit the finish. In my opinion, the only car to have managed to pull off a mirror/chrome finish is an Audi S5... and that's still cutting it fine:

Audi-S5-chrome-01.jpg

for reference purposes;

Toyota 86 (was speculated that it would be called celica in the early days)

5th gen Celica

ohhh ok the 86 is quite sexy! the design is still quite simple hey! but i like the curves of the gen5 hehe, and why'd you have to choose the ugliest photo! haha could have chosen this one:

http://www.cardomain...elica#179860116

ohhh so sexy

di-1313060333231.jpg

It looks more MR2 than a Celica

di-1313060333231.jpg

That's the 2007 Toyota FT-HS concept hybrid. As with most concept cars, it was never really intended for production.

As for the ST18Xs, I'd hardly call them a classic shape. Yes, the ST185 does have a pedigree in rally, and is a classic in terms of performance and results (it was Toyota's most successful rally car and the dominant car of the early 90s) but the shape itself is pretty ordinary to be honest, especially the ungainly coupe.

I agree, however I really like the shape of the 5th gen (except the hideous coupe) but its by no means a 'classic' shape