New tyres for Hybrid Camry 2010

Zomsky

Hi All,

I'm needing to (finally) replace the factory rubber on my 2010 Hybrid, not too shabby after 58,000km.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with anything other that the Chinese made Dunlops it came with - I've not been overly impressed wit them (mainly because they've gone out of balance twice, and are actually quite noisy).

I'm really looking for a nice quite tyre, one that's good on co**** bitumen too as the car does a few B road miles. I'm more than willing to forego a long-wearing tyre for one that's quite!

On a different topic - the car has developed a dull "thrum" or "thudding" at speeds above about 60km/h.... it's not too loud, but irritating. It's almost like the rear tyres are out of balance again.... and I'm hoping new shoes fix the issue, but has anyone the same issue? It's a sound kind of like when you wind down a rear window at speed.... just not as loud! As a former TMCA technician, it's got me stumped!

Luke

Hi Luke,

Michelin Primacy LC are claimed to be a quiet tyre with low rolling resistance. I had a set on my previous car, and agreed with those claims. They are standard issue on 2012 TCH H model.

Don't know if available in your size - and they are not the cheapest tyre around.

Regards, Coolscan.

lol @ coa_rse getting censored. :)

I recently had Michelin Energy XM2s fitted to the wife's Hybrid Camry. A lot quieter than the OEM Chinese Dunlops. Plus, we're seeing slight improvement in fuel economy as well.

I recently had Michelin Energy XM2s fitted to the wife's Hybrid Camry. A lot quieter than the OEM Chinese Dunlops. Plus, we're seeing slight improvement in fuel economy as well.

Thanks Pinz....

Anyone had any experience with Yokohama and their dB Decibel tyres? They're about $30 each cheaper than the Michelins....

Thanks Pinz....

Anyone had any experience with Yokohama and their dB Decibel tyres? They're about $30 each cheaper than the Michelins....

Hey Buddy,

I run Federal FD2's on my IS300. They are very very quiet and have a very deep tread depth. If you are not 100% focused on performance i would highly recommend them. I have also had Advan dB's and these are even quieter.

As they have a reasonably soft sidewall i run 38psi in them to keep them reasonably firm int he corners. Have done 10000 and they still look brand new.

Thanks Pinz....

Hey Buddy,

I run Federal FD2's on my IS300. They are very very quiet and have a very deep tread depth. If you are not 100% focused on performance i would highly recommend them. I have also had Advan dB's and these are even quieter.

As they have a reasonably soft sidewall i run 38psi in them to keep them reasonably firm int he corners. Have done 10000 and they still look brand new.

Thanks mate,

I've not had much to do with Federal but will look them up.

I've also been put onto Hankook's new Enfren tyre - keen to check those out on Saturday in the flesh!

Luke

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I realize I am a bit late on this topic but just for the record we got nearly 50K out of our first set of Dunlops (No balance or alignment issues rotated every 15K) and replaced with Goodyear Excellence which are very similar in quietness, ride etc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I replaced the original Dunlops at 46k with Michelin XM2 ($159 a corner, 215/60R16 JaxQuickfit). Much quieter and probably gives better fuel economy, Only on them for about a week so far and I'm getting at least 5-10% improvement on fuel economy. I was averaging $5.6-5.8l/100km on my daily commute (M5 Sydney). Last week I averaged 5.1L/100km, which is the best I've seen ever. Dry grip is at least on par if not better. Haven't had a chance in the wet yet. Highly recommended for the TCH!

Hi All,

I'm needing to (finally) replace the factory rubber on my 2010 Hybrid, not too shabby after 58,000km.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with anything other that the Chinese made Dunlops it came with - I've not been overly impressed wit them (mainly because they've gone out of balance twice, and are actually quite noisy).

I'm really looking for a nice quite tyre, one that's good on co**** bitumen too as the car does a few B road miles. I'm more than willing to forego a long-wearing tyre for one that's quite!

On a different topic - the car has developed a dull "thrum" or "thudding" at speeds above about 60km/h.... it's not too loud, but irritating. It's almost like the rear tyres are out of balance again.... and I'm hoping new shoes fix the issue, but has anyone the same issue? It's a sound kind of like when you wind down a rear window at speed.... just not as loud! As a former TMCA technician, it's got me stumped!

Luke

Hi Luke, I'm into replacement tyres for my 2010 camry too. Did the usual thing, looked at the web site, no details, did the toyota chat thing box quick reply but sent me back to he spec sheet, rang the local dealer, joined the queueemail and finally googled new tyres for HC and found this. What tyresd did you get? Cheers MartinT

Hi All,

Luke

I've always had a good run out of Yokohama C drive. Mainly on a Tarago 'tho.

They are quiet. Good for wear if not flogged and have very good wet weather braking and grip. They are also silent.

They do get a bit slippery towards the end of their life, but so do many tyres.

Fairly impressed with the Michelin Primacy LC tyres they have put on the 2012 Hybrid H model.. (they would fit the 2010/11 Hybrid as well) Check out the rating below... and looks like they may be available from $160 each

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/michelin-primacy-lc.html