17' wheels and tyre for corolla sportivo

Two beers

Hi everyone!

Luv this site it's awesome! Just recently bought a corolla sportivo '05 and thinking of starting to do mods on it!

So whats the size advise for 17" rims and tyres do people recommend(17 x7's?, ). Thinking of getting 215/45/R17 or 205/45/R17, not really that keen on 40's profiles cause i really don't want to completely loss my ride comfort want a good balance of > grip and comfort.

I hear a few of you talk about 215/45/R17 possibly scrubbing, u guys talking about against the wheel arch or ?, sorry new to this whole modding cars up and don't want to mod it too much from std spec cause already forked up for ext warranty to 5 yrs(by the way pls tell me how much it will affect my warranty and have anyone had prob with arranty claims b/c of their new wheels!)

cheers

two beers

So no scrubbing prob with 215/45/R17's for you hey!, without it being lowered, i'm not planning to get it lowered anyway cause i plan to do some highway driving with it. Sounds good to me then that was my prefered choice. By the way whats the effect on the steering and ride with these tyres. Grip should be a bucket better for sure, but is the steering any heavier?

love the colour of your car, RED TOO, red goes faster for sure.

chereo :D

two beers

hi mate,

i went for 205/45's on my 17s cauz people told me the 215/45 with the kings drop will probably scrub..... here is a list of tyres i considered..... i ended up going the kumho's and am happy with them..... All tyres meet/exceed required load rating for sportivo

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=2907