RDA slotted rotors

EC11WA

So I bought a set of rda slotted rotors for the TRD. Surprise , surprise, drivers side does not fit yet passenger side does. Looked at hubs on both sides, drivers side is slightly different not allowing the adaptor and rotor to go all the way on. Looked on back of oem rotors and sure enough, the drivers side is different to allow for the hub difference. Note, this car is a 2009 TRD off the showroom floor. No accidents. Anyone else had this issue?

RDA have only recently released rotors for the TRD Aurion (I have been keeping in contact with someone in the RDA office).

I only know of people who have bought the Converted C5 rotors, have them drilled to 5*114.3 and use hubcemtric rings.

I don't know if there have been many (let alone any) people who have bought a RDA rotors for the TRD.

Metal: I wouldn't worry.

If they are part numbers 8050s, they will not fit. Did not try the rears as their was no point. Looks like RDA have have measured up the passenger side and presumed the drivers side was the same.

i was going to say, myself and BYW were a bit responsible for getting the initial RDA rotors made up. we needed them urgently so had the corvette C5 ones made up. However, we do have the original rear ones here. Yet to fit them as they seem to be holding out well... are you in perth EC11WA??

been thinking of organising a aurion meetup for the WA boys :spiteful: You interested EC11WA?? maybe TRD only.. just so we can feel special.. no taxis allowed!!

Update, they fit. Oem rotors also have adaptor plates. Drivers side was seized on. Phew!

Hmm Adaptor plates? of what kind? I have the TRD package on my Sportivo and it was a simple case of pull Sportivo rotor off and put larger TRD one? lol

Hmm Adaptor plates? of what kind? I have the TRD package on my Sportivo and it was a simple case of pull Sportivo rotor off and put larger TRD one? lol

As in the:

Front

Genuine rotors are modified PBR Corvette C5. The PCD holes are elongated to give us the required 5x114.3mm PCD instead of 5x120mm. Also the rotor has a hub locator ring fitted to reduce the centre diameter from 71mm to 62mm.

As in the:

Front

Genuine rotors are modified PBR Corvette C5. The PCD holes are elongated to give us the required 5x114.3mm PCD instead of 5x120mm. Also the rotor has a hub locator ring fitted to reduce the centre diameter from 71mm to 62mm.

Well there you go, you do learn something new everyday after all. Guess i never bothered to look at the differences between the rotors outside of the diameter and thickness.

Yeah, always up for a catch up ...Maybe a photoshoot of some sought. The hub ring certainly had me fooled.....actually looked like part of the hub, thats why i thought they were different. Passenger side came off with the hub ring still attached to the rotor...looked like one piece. However the drivers side looked completely different as i had to wedge the rotor off first but the ring stayed on the hub. It looked as though it was an extension of some sought on the hub itself...........i was trying to do it quickly though as i was struck down badly with the flew and quite possibly would have picked it up straight away if my head was screwed on straight. Anyway, simply wedged it off with a cold chisel and away she came. No problems otherwise.....went with the RDA rotors front and back and the Remsa pads all around. First impressions are that it is no better or worse than the stock setup but i still need to bed them in so time will tell.........got 45000ks out of the original pads before squeeling set in.....pads were low but still had a bit left in them.......front rotors were not machinable as i had them done at 20000 due to vibration and and further machining would have been to close to minimum thickness. So replaced the the lot....hopefully i get the same stopping power but with less aggressive pads and slotted rotors. Not sure how the Remsa go dustwise compared to the oem pads.........will post up soon

Seems to depend on how you treat the brakes, Most of us running Remsa would say there a million times better than the OEM pads and all the Bendix pads available when it comes to the amount of dust produced however a few members have found them worse so i guess it comes down to your personal driving style.

Remember Remsa make OEM pads for the likes of Porsche a couple of other big name super car makers as well as the pads for the Z06 and ZR1 Vettes so it would simply be unacceptable for these kinds of cars to have pads that squealed or produced mammoth amounts of dust. They must of course have good feel cold or hot as well..

Edited by Adamsy

Im up for it Retro but im a taxi ( wish i had the dosh for TRD :( )

hmm sounds good...

wheres a good spot?? i'm down mandurah way.. BYW is north.. brad, where you at?? METAL13, just kidding about taxis... :) first weekend of July sound good???