08 CAMRY SQ Full on install

Pillowpants

This is a quick showing of what ive been up to for the past few months. Ive never done something of this magnitude. The most ive done is a single amp and sub.

Gear:

OEM headunit

MS-8 Processor

2 X Alpine 4X125wrms (one each per side)

HAT Legatia speakers (8",3",1")

1 X Alpine 1X600wrms sub amp

2 X JBL 15" Infinite Baffle

IMG_1059_zpsc78dc6aa.jpg

LAYOUT2.jpg

DSC06676.jpg

Started by sealing up the service holes in the door with fibreglass panels and mounting the 8" midbass onto some baffles.

DSC06479a.jpg

The pillars were next. Lots of time was spent on these bogging and sanding. Plus i had to get them at the correct angles.

DSC06489a.jpg

DSC06519a.jpg

DSC06520a.jpg

DSC06542.jpg

DSC06545.jpg

DSC06659a.jpg

DSC06670a.jpg

I finished them in flocking. Its like suede but in powdered form.

DSC06698.jpg

then onto the subs and amps...

DSC06715.jpg

sealed up everything so the trunk is completly sealed off from the cabin. The idea behind infinite baffle is to create a sub enclosure inside the trunk. Its a lot harder than it sounds. But the sound quality is outstanding.

DSC06725.jpg

DSC06726.jpg

DSC06722.jpg

DSC06679.jpg

added some led's for a nice glow

DSC06687a.jpg

As well as still have all my boot space, i can still get to the spare.

The last thing i have to do is make a cover for the amps so you wont see them. Ive started it, but im redoing it slightly different.

Sound wise....its amazing. The dashboard is alive with instruments and singers. The main singer is directly in front of you with guitarists and bassists flanking them, then back up singers further out. Close your eyes and the bass comes from around the windscreen wiper. If you ever get a chance to hear a sound quality (SQ) car, jump right in. And take a big wallet of your favourite cd's with ya.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Pillowpants
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Nice work man!!! Since you did such a job u might know to answer my question:) I have an ACV40R 2006. I would like to know some specs of the stock CD player and speakers. Like how many watts etc. I am putting a KICKER CVR12 twin sub with Eclipse ZA1200 amp. I am not sure if the stock head unit and speakers will be ok with that:) Any info would be highly appreciated:) Thanks for your time!

The stock headunit will only have speaker wires coming out the back. You would need to purchase a "Line out converter" to convert them to RCA's. PAC do a good quality cheap one. (check ebay)

As for power? Im guessing that as with most factory systems, you wouldnt see much more than 15watts per channel. When you remove the 6x9 speakers, you will see why. If you decide to upgrade your speakers, you would really benefit from an extra amp.

With that amp and sub package, you will find it over powers your factory speakers very quickly.

Post pics when your done

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...