led map lights

linhvo

hello everyone

i hav changed out all of the filament bulbs to leds, except for the map lights.

i have tried numerous types t10 bulbs for it but none of them seem to work at all.

could somebody help me?

cheers

Hey mate,

Thats wierd aye? I changed mine without any problems. I noticed that these led bulbs dont have a secure terminal, make sure there centered before entering it. Ooh dont forget that these are diods so if it dont work the first time its because you may need to spin the led bulb so its - + is the right way ;)

Good luck bro.

yeh i've tried every possible combination, whether is flipping the led since they are dc not ac (trying to sound smart, dun remember the correct term for it :lol: ) , bending the metal bit on the led itself. taking the whole maplight with the sunnies holder out of the ceiling and hav a proper look. i try havin another fiddle during the week and see. if i cant get it, i'll try asking my uncle whos a car electrician (also owner of a prodigy aurion :D)

thanks for all the help guys :)

I had no problem with mine, but as linhvo said above, bending the metal bit on the led itself, sometimes the contact wires have moved to the centre and just need bending out, carefull removing the maplight/sunnies holder, I had mine replaced under warranty for a faulty switch, while I was waiting for it to be replaced I asked spare parts how much one costs, around $400, rediculous.

yes it worked!!!! i didnt hav to flip the metal bit on the led itself, but i had to bent it to the outside a bit as the connector wasnt straight.

still hav the regular incandesent bulbs in there as the leds i had werent bright enough for my criteria :D

thank you for all ur help guys :D

Yeah I just swapped mine over to 8LED lights yesterday but believe they're not as bright as the standard globes? Shoulda left one in to compare but meh, they're in now. The centre light is a 48 LED though, holy F that's bright!!