New Camry-owning member

Davo76

Hi all, I've just signed up after having seen all the awesome info available in the forums.

I drive a white 2002 MCV20R Camry CSi Wagon that's done 149k. Bought it a year ago and all that time dreamed of having a manual transmission. Weird that Toyota decided not to offer a manual gearbox in the V6 wagons, they made manual V6 sedans amd manual 4-cylinder wagons.

Anyway, I have just converted mine in my shed using a manual V6 sedan as a donor. While I was at it I decided to replace the motor with one from a 2004 Avalon with only 62k kms. The job wasn't that hard, anyone with a bit of mechanical know-how and an engine hoist could get it done.

I used the donor car instead of buying all the bits from a wrecker as it probably worked out cheaper and i knew I was getting everything. I used a 2002 Advantage sedan that I bought unregistered for $1900. Now I've got mine up and running, I've just got to get the sedan running(with my auto) for sale before the missus really gets upset with it sitting in the front yard.

Manual transmission has really woken up the car. It seems like a different car! For anyone who hasn't driven a 20-series manual V6, it is quite surprising and has made a few friends re-assess their thoughts on Camrys.

Looking forward to being active on the forums, especially the Camry one, learning from and helping other members.