Baseline DYNO

A stock stivo gets no where close to 110 kw at the wheels that I sorry to say is total dream land. A stock stivo puts out about betwwen 90-95 kw at the wheels it has been proven on mulitiple diffrent dynos same with celica. And if you think other wise ...well good luck. I had to spend approx $3500 to get over the 110kw.

A stock stivo gets no where close to 110 kw at the wheels that I sorry to say is total dream land. A stock stivo puts out about betwwen 90-95 kw at the wheels it has been proven on mulitiple diffrent dynos same with celica. And if you think other wise ...well good luck. I had to spend approx $3500 to get over the 110kw.

90-95 kw would be about 125-130kw at flywheel. Does that mean

1) Toyota is overclaiming the 2ZZGE's power figure :angry: or

2) The Toyota drivetrain caused a greater than usual amount of power loss to the wheels.

Well here it is my DYNO reading for the Stivo.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/au...ay_5_April_2004

I am very pleased with the result. 102.5kW @ the wheels in a room with the air temp at 33 Deg C on a 100% stock standard engine. :D

Shaohaok was at hand so we put his beast up for a spin also.

EXACTLY the same results :), even with TRD air filter and after market exhaust the power output was the same. The only difference was the Air/Fuel Ratio which was showing Shao's to run a bit richer up untill the 6K mark then it jumped back into line with mine. So its more fuel efficent for him to run around all day in 'lift' :P

Congratulations Craig!! You did make the legendary 100kw @ the wheels! 102.5kw in fact! I think someone else on this forum also pulled 100kw plus during a dyno run. Still hard to believe the MOTOR magazine's Stivo can only pull 86kw, lowest i've seen! I have always felt the Stivo should pull something closer to the Astra Turbo. But i guess a lot of factors come into play during dyno sessions. Next, it will be my turn to try it out! :lol:

Shaohaok was also at hand so we put his beast up for a spin also.

EXACTLY the same results :), even with TRD air filter and after market exhaust the power output was the same. The only difference was the Air/Fuel Ratio which was showing Shao's to run a bit richer up untill the 6K mark then it jumped back into line with mine. So its more fuel efficent for him to run around all day in 'lift' :P

So i guess the Stivo will not response very well to other mods unless the ECU is tuned with an aftermarket Computer or Piggy-back Chip. This is also the case with the new WRXs.

• 1 year later...

oh..no

does this mean that all mods ike CAI, exhaust system, exhaust manifold are completely useless??? :ph34r:

man, you really freak me out because I am going to get the second hand TRD header and a brand new exhaust system?

can anybody clarify if these things do improve the permance on the tivo please? :(

i can still stop my orders.

thanks, guys

CAI is OK, but be careful with the exhaust. If you loose back pressure you will lose low RPM torque and the care will become a shocker for everyday driving. So shop around carefully and don't just go to a place that will give you the loudest muffler!!!

Also if you look at the dates these results are very old and Craigs (Danthuyer) car is now about 125kW ATW (I'm sure I'll get corrected on this) so the mods he has now do show improvement... :)

Edited by Blue_Stivo

A freak out put for a stocko. Best we have seen in Brisbane is 104kw by Hames' car. Most of the stock cars i've seen are around the 94 - 100kw atw. But the differences in dyno's go a long way to answer the question of the big variance in output.

Please don't start the dyno differences again. B)