DRL'S replacing Fog lights

Pittsy

Ive noticed a few Volvo and Merc cars with DRL's located where the round Fog lights used to be.

Grouped in a nice box 4 LED shape.

Could we not replace the Fog Light round unit with a DRL unit that fits in its place?

Anyone know of these???

Cheers

Thanks but not quite what I meant.

Keeping the round original Fog light housing but installing 4 LED's in position instead of the Fog Lights globes.

I've seen Toyota Prius and Volvo cars with what looks like round Fog lights but are actually bright LED's ( DRL's )

Or if you want to keep your fog lamps, there are these, http://www.ebay.com....=item4ab436cba1 , Bodykits Kindom also have a similar set on eBay or on their site if you want to get them in Australia. If you wanted to go with these, I would but self adheasive LED stips from Autobarn or Supercheap that you can cut to length and make them youself for about $40.

Edited by SATORI893

Thanks guys.

I've just gotten a new 2012 Presara so the whole DRL unit from Bodykits Kingdom wouldn't fit.

The other link to CarX is just the thing I was looking for.

And the good news is there office is only 7 km's away from home.

Might drop by there tomorrow.

Thanks

You have four options for the 2012 Aurion (Asia Spec Camry)

1. Replacement Fog Lights
  2. DRL Headlight Surrounds
  3. DRL Adjacent to Fog Lights (Only fits non-Sportivo models)
  4. Or any Replacement bulbs for H11 with LEDs (if this is done, they will not be effective in Fog Conditions). Be cautious of the 5050 led bulbs, they are known to melt, if left on constantly.

Oooh interesting choices there. Dislike the mirror one. I like the bumper grill one as it looks more flush fitting than the foglight suround one. That foglight probably looks good. May consider that.

Oooh nice.

I particularly like the DRL adjacent to fog lights.

How hard do you think they would be to fit? I have a mate that installs telephone exchanges and knows about electrical stuff that might fit them for me.

I also like the DRL headlight surrounds.

Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated.

I've contacted the seller of the DRL's adjacent to the Fog lights and I'm not inspired yet.

He said he only has a guide in Chinese and will give me photos to install..........

I would be worried they might 1/ over heat 2/ screw the electrical system and 3/ Void my warranty.

Ahhhhhhhhh too many decisions!!

Ok.

Well I was thinking of fitting the SMD 5050 H11 LED lights into the Fog light. BUT if you say they are subject to melting then I'll give that a miss!!

So how's about fitting the Philips Blue Vision 4000K white light globes..........

Different sizes can fit into High Beams, Fog lights and Parker lights?

Maybe this would be the safer option and offer long life as well as a nice white color light?

Edited by Pittsy

Yes they will melt, and like a standard bulb when it blows, when smd's melt they can short and create **** loads of dramas.

Ive had this happen in my Van, running high powered smd's in my parkers.... they too were in a very small area ..... the shorting and melting created a world of wiring dramas. Eventually i still ended up running smd's but much smaller leds. I'm sure you will work it out.

Ive been pulled over for having my foggies on but unlike others i avoided being fined. Because i can still turn on my foggies under my led rings.

but at the end of the day no matter what you upgrade too...... driving with your foggies on can get you busted and fined.

I did run 4k HID's for quiet some time with nps at all , other than the occasional angry flash back. Then took them out to install into my van.

My advise if its for the pose value of driving around looking cool with your foggies on, Is to run low powered type LED's to keep heat down or your the phillips bv4k

• 2 weeks later...