Problem with windows/windscreen

I was parked beside this construction site today and they were hosing the ground with bore water and during the period i was parked there (a good 5 hours or so) some of that eeky water got splashed onto my stivo.. so when i got back, the left hand side of the car was fully covered in the residue of that 'dirty water'...

Getting straight to the point, i got back and immediately washed that crap of my baby and proceeded to clean the windows after the wash. And to my utter horror, the stains were still there clearly visable under the sunlight and it wouldnt go away! I thought it would only be visible outside of the car and proceeded to take the stivo for a spin round the block just to see if the stains were visible in the car under the sun, and YES THEY WERE!!

So.. i was just thinking, is there a protective coating on the windows that got eaten away or are the stains just tough stains and would go away after a few washes? I fully tried stratching at the windows with my nails but it didnt seem there was a protective coating or the stains were going away :(

HELP... i am very verrry anal about the cleaniness of my windows and i just couldnt live with it being like that :unsure: :P

Nearly all windows on most cars seem to have a silicone like staining after this very long period of drought...I'd very strongly suggest that if the paintwork isn't stained, (as it's the most vulnerable), your exterior windows'll respond well to (dont laugh) "Duck" for windows, it's worked really well on my old Magna and new 'Rolla...

Cheers mate..

Nearly all windows on most cars seem to have a silicone like staining after this very long period of drought...I'd very strongly suggest that if the paintwork isn't stained, (as it's the most vulnerable), your exterior windows'll respond well to (dont laugh) "Duck" for windows, it's worked really well on my old Magna and new 'Rolla...

Cheers mate..

:lol: hahahahaahhah

sorry

hhahahahahahahahahahahahah

no.. the paint work wasnt stained (after i washed it off) but the windows had those patches like that when they're stained with the eeky dark brown water stains, they are however clear and can only been seen under sunlight and close inspection.