2ZZ-GE Extractors

I'm looking to get my hands on a Exhaust and Extractors for my 2005 Sportivo does anyone now a good place in melbourne to get these i have spoken with one place and they have told me no extractors are available.

Can someone please help.

Well.......If the motor is actually the same as the other ones(which it should be)you can get extractors but here's the bad part if u wanted to get genuine TRD ones they usually cost around $1,500-$1,900 to bring to OZ thats inc G.S.T & Shipping!!!!!!! :( <_< :blink: To tell you the truth if u can find a good exhaust fitter who is willing to do a custom job at a good price then get that straight away!!! I got my exhaust done here in SYD for $970!!!! 2 1/4" full.....what would u rather pay????? :D :D :P

yup but it was just alot of shopping around!!!but instead of going to a well know exhaust shop i went to sum guys in Syd that are just well know for doing drag cars!!!they didnt mind doing a custom job and it only took about 4hours with two guys working on it!!!! :D

yup but it was just alot of shopping around!!!but instead of going to a well know exhaust shop i went to sum guys in Syd that are just well know for doing drag cars!!!they didnt mind doing a custom job and it only took about 4hours with two guys working on it!!!! :D

did they work off the original bends and just widen the pipe diameter or did they do something CRAZY new?

Thanks heaps guys but i really need someone in melbourne.

hate to break it to you, but parts for the sportivo are not avalible locally in Aus on demand, if you want somthing 9/10 times you will have to get it from outside Aus.

i would suggest having a look in this thread, http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...p?showtopic=663

Well.......If the motor is actually the same as the other ones(which it should be)you can get extractors but here's the bad part if u wanted to get genuine TRD ones they usually cost around $1,500-$1,900 to bring to OZ thats inc G.S.T & Shipping!!!!!!! :(  <_<  :blink: To tell you the truth if u can find a good exhaust fitter who is willing to do a custom job at a good price then get that straight away!!! I got my exhaust done here in SYD for $970!!!! 2 1/4" full.....what would u rather pay????? :D  :D  :P

Standard the Stivo's pipe diameter is nearly 2.25"(like only about 2-3mm diff). Be interesting to see what the gains were.

As for headers, TRD is the only headers easily accessible in Australia. They cost around $1300 shipped(pretty dam expensive hey Lucio ;) ) but I'm currently looking into getting some made locally and hopefully they will come in under the $1000 mark. :D

nothing too crazy they did follow the bends pretty much, but where there was unnecessary bends they slightly straightened them out as much as physically possible they used a Hi-flow cat that they use on all their drag cars it only has stainless mesh at the front and back of the cat nothing through the centre....hehehe and a small reso, straight through muffler it has a very deep note!!! :D Performance wise its heaps better no figures to be printed yet it has to get dyno tuned with the few extra goodies goin on the car this coming week!!

Since when do drag cars run a cat convertor????Nobody that i know with a drag car(not a street car that goes to the drags) runs cats in their exhaust system.

But interesting none the less. Don't let the RTA catch you for an emissions or noise test or you'll be gone(In the words of Fatty Vautin)

I'm about to start testing the standard header porting theory. I'll keep you posted on the gains/progress in the near future.

You wanna test on my car too? I can't get teh damn header out from under the car using handtools.. :angry:

Has anyone every thought about port matching the header. The boys/girls in the US have done it and highly recommend it. I would do it if it wasn't stupidly hard to remove the header out.

Can you explain what this is? :huh:

I'm about to start testing the standard header porting theory. I'll keep you posted on the gains/progress in the near future.

You wanna test on my car too? I can't get teh damn header out from under the car using handtools.. :angry:

NO :P Porting the headers involves matching the size of the header pipe to the size of the port on the head. Standard headers have a reasonable mismatch in the size of the ports to the size of the pipes. They also have some pretty ordinary welds inside that could do with some smoothing out as well. Were talking gains somewhere in the vicinity of 3-4kw's which is also about the same as what the boys in the US are getting. :D

3-4kw...at what cost...what about some cam's first????

3-4kw at the cost of skinned knucles... Umm... and 6 hours or more of hard work... Mostly removing the header... porting it with the right tools only takes 30mins... Took 8hours just to install oil pressure and water temp gauge into the bloody car.. So i'd think removing the header would be more of a pain in the bumhole

post-376-1129267063_thumb.jpg

Ummm, so your going to do your own porting...

I am also very sceptical that porting the headers is going to release that much...I thought the 2ZZ was decently matched...considering the porting and head work that goes into them from factory they would be relatively matched to start with...

Obviously, the matching will have greater benefits if head flow is improved, but each to their own...I wonder how long it would last before they crack <_<

I am just saying there are plenty of other mods that would be more beneficial BEFORE heading down this path...

Edited by Bobjones

Ummm, so your going to do your own porting...

I am also very sceptical that porting the headers is going to release that much...I thought the 2ZZ was decently matched...considering the porting and head work that goes into them from factory they would be relatively matched to start with...

Obviously, the matching will have greater benefits if head flow is improved, but each to their own...I wonder how long it would last before they crack <_<

I am just saying there are plenty of other mods that would be more beneficial BEFORE heading down this path...

This seems like one of those things the more advanced modders here do Bob (i.e. Northy - what hasn't he done to his car? (LSD?) and Silva etc)